Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just stumbled across an RS 4.0

badlands

Did not expect to see this sticking out the nondescript garage round the back of my work....mechanic said it was in for it's MOT and the car is used extensively on track, nice to hear. Is the owner on here?

Amazing that he's taken his ultra rare RS4.0 to 'Joe's garage' for an MOT. Not suggesting he's not competent just find it unusual.

isysman said:
Amazing that he's taken his ultra rare RS4.0 to 'Joe's garage' for an MOT. Not suggesting he's not competent just find it unusual.

We're do you think your local OPC take them :?: :grin:

badlands said:
Did not expect to see this sticking out the nondescript garage round the back of my work....mechanic said it was in for it's MOT and the car is used extensively on track, nice to hear. Is the owner on here?

Lovely car, I'm pretty sure I'd still have that over the 911R

Cunno said:
isysman said:

Well some do it in house. My OPC takes mine to an Alfa Romeo main dealer close by. Not to this tiny garage.

As far as the DVLA and insurers are concerned, an MOT is an MOT. It doesn't really matter who does it - they all have to meet a standard - as long as you either trust them with your car or are prepared to wait with it.

Exactly. I'm waiting with mine at kwickfit on Saturday, don't trust them but for £27...!

badlands said:
Exactly. I'm waiting with mine at kwickfit on Saturday, don't trust them but for £27...!
I guess big chains vary from depot to depot, but, I'm not sure I'd trust my local, even with close supervision. Fortunately, I have an old school mate who runs an MOT station, and it's in my village, so big win all round.

RS 4.0 and CGT are my holy grails! Prefer it in white though.

I don't trust anyone local, had my tyres changed by F1 Autocentres, they damaged the rims.

Don't get me started on KwikFit, used them once for tyres and got ripped off.

I always used Event Tyres & thought they were cheapest but to be fair to Kwickfit they were £60 cheaper for supply & fitting for a set of Hancocks to my 3 series daily. But I had to say I would get the tyres elsewhere before I could get that price. Wouldn't trust them for much else though

I take mine to a non descript garage for its MOT, and wait for it, ever since I asked a local Independent to change the oil and oh...."can you do an MOT?".....yes sir no problem, was the reply.
He drove it 27 miles round trip to a non descript garage who charged £25. I didn't realize until days after that the Independent had charged me £40 for the privilege of using my car (and petrol).
Nowadays nobody does anything to it unless I'm there..... :pistols:

Cunno said:
isysman said:

Too true. :floor:

isysman said:
Cunno said:
isysman said:

Well some do it in house. My OPC takes mine to an Alfa Romeo main dealer close by. Not to this tiny garage.

I think that would scare me more, I had an Alfa, loved the car dealer network truly shocking. :grin:

Can't quite believe the MOT snobbery :floor: it's a rudimentary check of your light bulbs.

Loving Porsche's and respecting people's cars is certainly not the exclusive domain of the Porsche dealer network.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back