Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S valuation

lewisf182

Hi, just want to get a rough idea of price on a C4S i may be buying.
2003 C4S tiptronic in midnight blue.
100k miles
Full hartech rebuild (cylinders re lined the lot)
Topgear switchable exhaust
Air con rads replaced last 2 years
Tyres new on back ok on front
New disks and pads last 2 years
New battery

It's due a minor service as it had it's gearbox fluid renewed before the 96k service marker.

It's at the very top of my budget hence i'm a bit indecisive at the moment.

What do you reckon it's worth and how much would you realistically pay?

Maybe early 20's

The Hartech rebuild will give peace of mind so if the body is decent and other items such as rads, coffin arms have recent spend history then it's a better buy than most late teen c4s's that are at or over 100k and tired (there's loads of them)

Good luck :thumb:

High teens due to it being a tip.

I think high teens or just touching £20k mainly because of the peace of mind the rebuild gives it over others.

I feel low 20s... The only reason being the Hartech rebuild is total piece of mind.. plus high teen's nowadays is almost bottom of the market price wise. In this bracket you see everything from Cat Ds to 150k examples with one service stamp :nooo: there is still some straight cars but they seem to be thin on the ground in the teen's.

I wonder whether the tip thing is as much of an issue with the C4S?

They're bigger, heavier cars than the C2, and the C4 thinking about it - would the driver of the C4S be as keen on a manual as a C2 coupe driver?

alex yates said:
Well this is £21 an 'arf: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201701251663890

and it's a lower mileage manual.

........and a better colour.

Well yeh that's actually my ideal spec in every way bar the telephone and gangster blackout rear windows.
It's also been up since i started looking around 6 months ago, and it's too far to go and judge for myself - anybody else been to see it?

It's more expensive than the one i'm thinking of and i'm not sure what works been done on this one, i'll ring up tomorrow

Whats the thoughts on tips with the flappy paddles mod to make it a bit more engaging? Personally i'm getting a bit sick of stop start traffic and this will be a daily driver so I think a tip will suite my needs, just obviously on an engaging drive might not be as good but i'd be talking 4/5 days a year for that compared to every other day where i'd prefer the tip. Resale demands manual obviously and the performance is a fair bit blunted being a c4s AND tiptronic.

If it's a daily driver I'd see the Tip as a potential bonus.....

had my C4S tip for 3 years and little longing for a manual here and I don't generally commute in it that often.

I drive mostly in the 'manual' function to give 1st gear pull-aways to add less stress to the engine, but you can still drive in a 'spirited' manner with the Tip and still be well into license threatening territory and enjoy the twisties just as much as any manual car I've had in the past.

I do sometimes think those with manuals are quick to criticise the tip which always puzzles me; if you've made the choice for the manual then great but move on :thumb:

[/quote]
the performance is a fair bit blunted being a c4s AND tiptronic.[/quote]

:?:

Don't know what you usually drive, but I wouldn't describe a Tip C4S as having 'blunted performance' :grin:

BMW 130i. It's down on power but on a dry day don't think there would be much in it. It's actually a bloody lovely car especially when the suspension is sorted... i'll be extremely sad to see it go.

I meant blunted as in compared to a manual C2

lewisf182 said:
BMW 130i. It's down on power but on a dry day don't think there would be much in it. It's actually a bloody lovely car especially when the suspension is sorted... i'll be extremely sad to see it go.

I meant blunted as in compared to a manual C2

I would be very surprised if anyone other than Walter Rohrl could outrun a C4S tip in a manual C2, point to point in road conditions.

Isn't there around 0.8 seconds to 60 between a man C2 & tip C4S?

Yes, assuming one could do a perfect 0-62 takeoff in a C2 manual, which requires skill and the mechanical sympathy of a rental car driver...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back