Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 997.1 C2S

TBE997

I finally got around to take some pictures of my new old 997. It's a 2007 C2S with PSE, Chrono etc. The engine has around 60k on the clock, so quiet a bit of mileage.

The colour is one of the most interest aspects of the car, whilst most people think its black, it is actually the rare Dark Olive paint, where the green only comes out under direct light (see detailed picture below). I am torn in-between, on the one hand, it's a very rare colour and looks 90% of the time black, on the other hand I am seriously considering putting a wrap on to make it actually "dark" black or potentially matte military green. I have seen some awesome cars in this wrap, however I feel it might look a bit overkill on the standard body kit.

Also, I already started a thread (http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=120245), but given the high mileage, I am looking to make it drive like new again, so probably replacing engine mounts, potentially gear box mount, maybe SSK? The only thing that's holding me back at the moment is the increased NVH when opting for aftermarket solutions...

qRzfNbq.jpg

MzRkfxA.jpg

gYJLooT.jpg

uMAxuq1.jpg

gFFSaS7.jpg

In direct sun light, the green really comes through

uYgCWq4.jpg

Mods so far
- Carnewal PSE Remote
- BMC Air filter
- Designtek Air box Mod

yP42HCe.jpg

ny0kqCL.jpg

So what's next?
- Reupholster Steering Wheel
- Wrapping the car, either black or military matte green
- Alloys in Black
- Interior Trim in carbon fibre wrap (though subject to pricing)
- New exhaust system including sportscat (and maybe manifolds)

Further thoughts
- Dark headlights (although unlikely, the project 991 style looking headlights look a bit cheapish to be honest where the DRL ring looks too 'white" imo)
- Engine and Gearbox mounts but not sure because of NVH

So far I am happy, especially in sports mode if feel the car has enough power for me at this stage, but I would love for it to sound a bit more aggressive and also pops and bangs would be nice. I think this will come down to the exhaust, I have done some research and listened to endless clips on youtube, but happy to take any advice!

Thanks for reading so far, any comments and ideas highly appreciated, also any suggestions in terms of what I can replace/serviced (mounts, hydraflow engine clean) to make the car feel "new" again!

TBE997

Before you spend loads replacing the pse, try pulling out the plug so the pipes are open all the time. Big improvement.

Yes, i have done that as soon as I pickued up the car :D

I have the carnewal pse remote, though it's always in loud anyways.

Would love more noise at idle, and also some bangs and pops, kind of like the lambos/ferrari... dont' judge me hehe :hand:

I bought a c2s cab new in dark oliver green back in 2005. I personally loved it but the porsche garage where it ended up had a real head ache shifting it because of the colour.

I bought a c2s cab new in dark oliver green back in 2005. I personally loved it but the porsche garage where it ended up had a real head ache shifting it because of the colour.

yes i like the colour too but i suppose you could argue its not quite black and not very green? :?:

I nearly bought a 997 Turbo in the same colour some years ago from an Aston garage in Walton upon Thames, unfortunately was wrong time with other things going on, had pccb's and gen 2 Turbo alloys. Someone got a great car!!

I love the colour, I think as time goes by the alternative colours will become more desirable, a nice change form the usual black and silver.

Re the pops and bangs, the top gear valvetronics with sports headers will give you plenty of cackles and pops, particularly on cold start plus a lovely rasp on higher rev upchanges!

Will be fitting my rennline engine mounts with red/yellow inserts when I get back from holiday, will report back with views on NVH compared to stock when fitted :thumb:

TBE997 said:
Yes, i have done that as soon as I pickued up the car :D

I have the carnewal pse remote, though it's always in loud anyways.

Would love more noise at idle, and also some bangs and pops, kind of like the lambos/ferrari... dont' judge me hehe :hand:

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/tubi-exhausts/12/997

Wish I'd gone down this route but rather expensive.

Lovely looking car and colour btw :thumb:

Ssk from eBay £40 is a great mod and maybe an aerokit ?

For me it's rare for a reason sorry.

However, I would not wrap it, have you seen the finish on a wrap, it's looks cloudy and orange peely.

You must have bought because you liked it, just live with it or sell.

Looks great, nice colour :thumb:

Like the colour, a modern darker take on Aventura

How spooky, I agonised over a 997T (with PCCBs) in dark olive a few years ago for sale in South London (forget the name of the dealer). Great car, strong money. We were a grand out on a deal and I went home to think about it. Called next day to give in and buy it but he'd sold it that morning.

It had a sand interior that worked really well, though the top of the dash was sand too and it reflected badly in the screen.

I was really after a Cobalt car, took another 6 months for the right one to come along.

Personally I liked the colour, though as others said, a bit 'marmite'. I do think the alternative colours will be preferred as time goes on.

J

Attachments

• dscf1939b_660.jpg
    dscf1939b_660.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 13,961
James4444 said:
How spooky, I agonised over a 997T (with PCCBs) in dark olive a few years ago for sale in South London (forget the name of the dealer). Great car, strong money. We were a grand out on a deal and I went home to think about it. Called next day to give in and buy it but he'd sold it that morning.

It had a sand interior that worked really well, though the top of the dash was sand too and it reflected badly in the screen.

I was really after a Cobalt car, took another 6 months for the right one to come along.

Personally I liked the colour, though as others said, a bit 'marmite'. I do think the alternative colours will be preferred as time goes on.

J

Very possibly the same turbo but with different wheels, i seem to think the car I see had a dark interior being either a brown or a black, I wonder if it could of even had buckets? If it turns out it did I'm really going to kick myself.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back