Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fault in 991.1 C4S

Bogus

Hi all, I get this image in my 911 and it disappears after sometime. It randomly comes on and disappears and I am not able to find out from the manual what it means.. Please help..image attached..

Is it the 'cloaking device' because I can't see it :dont know:

i think i managed to attach the pic now..

Attachments

• porsche_fault_170.jpg
    porsche_fault_170.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 4,372
Not seen that on my 991 Targa :?:

Bogus said:

Normally comes up if the VTS car fob is not in the car with the ignition is switched.

scoot said:
Bogus said:

Normally comes up if the VTS car fob is not in the car with the ignition is switched.

Thanks Scott. could be that as i had a call from Vodafone even though i had the fob on me. so maybe the vehicle also could not detect it.. as i said it is intermittent as it did not come on when i took it out for a spin today

Demort said:
Might be worth changing the vts fob battery just in case its getting low .

My VTS fob eats batteries - typically 18-24 months. :x

Even though the fob red light is on, battery strength can have deteriorated to a point whereby the car's system does not pick the fob up.

DRZ911 said:
Demort said:
Might be worth changing the vts fob battery just in case its getting low .

My VTS fob eats batteries - typically 18-24 months. :x

Even though the fob red light is on, battery strength can have deteriorated to a point whereby the car's system does not pick the fob up.

Yea ... your not wrong there young man :)

The system tends to either work or not work so an intermitant fault like this makes me think its a low fob battery .

From memory its a CR 2032 battery.

scoot said:
Bogus said:

That! I occasionally get it and wave the fob around under the steering column.

I've changed the battery once in 3 years. Seem to recall I got a text saying the battery was low and needed replacing. It was quite insistent!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back