Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Prices increase

t5timbo

I've been watching the prices of 997's since Christmas and they have been slowly rising particularly gen 2.
My question is, Is this something that happens every year around this time and then fall again running into Christmas or have they been fairly consistent over the years?

t5timbo said:
I've been watching the prices of 997's since Christmas and they have been slowly rising particularly gen 2.
My question is, Is this something that happens every year around this time and then fall again running into Christmas or have they been fairly consistent over the years?

I think prices are holding steady, you might expect a small increase for any sports car at this time of year though, especially for cabs!

Yes they've been increasing by about £2000 for 50.000mls vehicles. Low mileage vehicles, say, 20.000mls have increased by £4000-5000.

Even 997.1's are commonly nudging past £30.000.

There's certainly a new surge to make the Porsche brand associated with high value vehicles, even second hand.

Maybe the 997.2 has proven itself to be a reliable and drastic free super car.

Maybe with Porsche extending their warranty years.

Maybe with the prices of the turbo version going ridiculous they're pulling every other models and years with them.

Don't know is the answer...

I would agree MNC911,
I've been watching the usual auto trader/pistonheads/ebay outlets and since the sun has come out an already stretched budget looks to buy me less each month.
Great investment for those with cars though

I don't think any 997 is going to lose money. Can't see them gaining money either when you take the cost of annual maintenance into account.

Sold my 997 Gen C2S just over a year ago for almost the same price as i paid for it & would now still cost me at least the same to buy it back if I wanted to. i think it has a lot to do with the GTS effect. 997 GTS prices are getting silly; especially for manuals & residuals are filtering down. Since selling the 997 I have owned a new 981 Spyder & currently have a 997.1 turbo; but think the 997 Gen 2 C2S I had was excellent value.

Whats the right money for this even in this mad market? Seems toppy for a car which after 12 months proper use will be around 76,000 miles on the clock. Very high spec.

http://www.jzmporsche.com/used-vehicle-details/Porsche-911-U1186/

Any help with what the right money appreciated. May pop down to see it at weekend. They've had it for a while now so there sneaking suspicion re it selling quick well off the mark. :?:

Desert Dragon said:
Whats the right money for this even in this mad market? Seems toppy for a car which after 12 months proper use will be around 76,000 miles on the clock. Very high spec.

Any help with what the right money appreciated. May pop down to see it at weekend. They've had it for a while now so there sneaking suspicion re it selling quick well off the mark. :?:

Love that!! Ref price I don't think it's that far away.

Desert Dragon said:

12 months ago, a similar mileage car without Aerokit & buckets would have been around £60k ish. However Aerokit is an expensive option and those buckets are worth in excess of £6k, therefore price is probably realistic.

However 12 months ago your car would also have been £60k max but now worth £75k as you mentioned in the other thread

Bikeracer1098 said:
Desert Dragon said:

12 months ago, a similar mileage car without Aerokit & buckets would have been around £60k ish. However Aerokit is an expensive option and those buckets are worth in excess of £6k, therefore price is probably realistic.

However 12 months ago your car would also have been £60k max but now worth £75k as you mentioned in the other thread

Yes v.good spec but mileage kills it in terms of value. I suppose at least I could use it without worrying about mileage. i paid sub £60k for gen 1 but in this game it all seems to be about mileage so we're not comparing apples with apples.

Yes desirable options but in 12 months it will be a 75-80,000 miles if used properly. Thats how the next buyer will look at it any way not necessarily me as I won't do a lot of miles in it.

These threads fill me with a warm glow :) yet I still struggle to get my head around the concept.

I focus my attention mostly to the 997.2 C4S variety for obvious reasons and can safely comment that supply appears to be a bit thin at present. 6 months ago there were a few pages of 997 C4S variants before edging into 991 territory when searching the official website. Now there is only one page.

I think demand will continue to increase. New entrants to the marque like me are facing the prospect of owning an iconic sports car at the same price as other German mid-range family cars which are now just all virtually much the same as each other. The market is flooded with 2-3 year old BMWs, Mercs etc and all at least half of RRP!

A well sorted 2010/11 997.2 at 60% of the cost of a new one with pretty much all the drama and experience (minus the kudos of having the newest or fastest) is fantastic value in my opinion.

Long may it continue for the 997.

Not convinced the 991 GT3 RS is going to enjoy the same though. That new 720S might mix things up a little.

Monkeynutz said:
These threads fill me with a warm glow :) yet I still struggle to get my head around the concept.

I focus my attention mostly to the 997.2 C4S variety for obvious reasons and can safely comment that supply appears to be a bit thin at present. 6 months ago there were a few pages of 997 C4S variants before edging into 991 territory when searching the official website. Now there is only one page.

I think demand will continue to increase. New entrants to the marque like me are facing the prospect of owning an iconic sports car at the same price as other German mid-range family cars which are now just all virtually much the same as each other. The market is flooded with 2-3 year old BMWs, Mercs etc and all at least half of RRP!

A well sorted 2010/11 997.2 at 60% of the cost of a new one with pretty much all the drama and experience (minus the kudos of having the newest or fastest) is fantastic value in my opinion.

Long may it continue for the 997.

Not convinced the 991 GT3 RS is going to enjoy the same though. That new 720S might mix things up a little.

Ex BMW 330d M performance '64 plate driver checking in here.
Just sorting finer details of changing into my 997 gen 1 purchase I've probably lost more on the beemer than ive spent on the 911 so you've hit the nail on the head and add another high spec, high depreciation, high value german prestige saloon to the used pages.

DP911 said:
Ex BMW 330d M performance '64 plate driver checking in here.
Just sorting finer details of changing into my 997 gen 1 purchase I've probably lost more on the beemer than ive spent on the 911 so you've hit the nail on the head and add another high spec, high depreciation, high value german prestige saloon to the used pages.

Oh!! Congrats! Driving will become fun again :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back