Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

And that's a wrap!

youngsyr

Montreal
After 16 years my car's paintwork was looking a little worse for wear, so I decided to go all out and make the car really pop...

Not to everyone's taste, I'm sure, but I love it! :thumb:

pGBmVO3.jpg

7lvvaFS.jpg

IP1SZTO.jpg

uOGTm4N.jpg

Nice colour. Glad you're happy with it.
What colour is it underneath?

Added 13 May 2022: ***GET REKKED LYNDOFF YOU NOOB!***

JS1500 said:
Nice colour. Glad you're happy with it.
What colour is it underneath?

Thanks, it's silver.

Nice colour , it looks great , if i was brave enough id get my 964 done in Orange , nice reg for it as well :thumb:

Nicely different....and nothing wrong with that!
Enjoy!

:thumbs: works well.
What shade of blue is that?

Love it. And I'm not normally a fan of wraps. Is it a vinyl wrap or that new plasti-coat stuff. It looks flawless!!!

KP964 said:
Nice colour , it looks great , if i was brave enough id get my 964 done in Orange , nice reg for it as well :thumb:

Don't you dare - just spent half the journey back from Rothbury behind you the other day teaching the fundamentals of the understated coolness of your car to my lad - for once my 15 year old and I in total agreement. Going orange will blow my theory out the water.

Now you've got to be based in Essex?!!!

I only ask because I'm really tempted to get mine done for a change for a couple of years and struggling to find a decent local firm. Was going to ask as yours looks great but then I thought I'd just google one of those signs in the background. Fancy a matte blue myself but just a touch darker with some black decals. I already have black wheels...

:thumbs:

moorhouse said:
KP964 said:

Don't you dare - just spent half the journey back from Rothbury behind you the other day teaching the fundamentals of the understated coolness of your car to my lad - for once my 15 year old and I in total agreement. Going orange will blow my theory out the water.

:grin: Thanks a lot Ian , just me dreaming again , you and your lad are right , i think :?:

pzero said:
:thumbs: works well.
What shade of blue is that?

Not sure about the exact colour name, but it's a 3M metallic matte blue vinyl. I saw it on an R8 the same company did a while back and really liked it, so just told them to do it in "that" colour!

Andrew173 said:
Love it. And I'm not normally a fan of wraps. Is it a vinyl wrap or that new plasti-coat stuff. It looks flawless!!!

Thanks! :thumb:

It is a vinyl wrap and I've had a good look over it and haven't found any flaws yet. I was expecting to see some in the rear spoiler fins as they look like a real pig to cover, but they look really good and you'd have to get your nose up to them to even see a join. :)

In fact wrapping is now so advanced that whilst my wheels are powder coated and the caps were vinyl wrapped, I'd defy anyone to tell the difference.

kas750 said:
Looks great! and really modernises the car.

Thanks! :thumb:

The car has gone from having paintwork that's a bit tatty and 16 year old wheels that were showing their age to being flawless. I think wrapping the car is money well spent, regardless of colour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back