Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCCB pad change

Just thought I would ask when most people change their brake pads on their 997 fitted with PCCB. Currently have approx. 9mm left on the pads, no wear indicator light at present. Last thing I want to do is let them get anywhere near the disc. Any thoughts?

The conventional wisdom is to change the pads at about 50% worn to minimise the chance of damage to the discs due to heat. As the pads have 18mm of friction material when new, you should be thinking about changing them soon.

I changed all my pads last year at ~50% worn. New pads have approx' 10mm of friction material per pad, not 18mm as stated above, so change around 5mm, so you've got a long way to go yet. My pads at 50% worn had covered 40K miles.

Pure curiosity as I don't have PCCB but how much are replacement pads?

Chris_in_the_UK said:
rhino-man said:

OPC - circa £337 + VAT for fronts.

That's not terrible for how long they last, so much fuss in general about what they cost...

Chris_in_the_UK said:
rhino-man said:

Do you know if that is parts only, or inc labour to fit?

rhino-man said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:
rhino-man said:

That's not terrible for how long they last, so much fuss in general about what they cost...

Pretty sure the fuss is around costs of the disks not the pads.

Chris_in_the_UK said:
maph said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:
rhino-man said:

Do you know if that is parts only, or inc labour to fit?

Parts only (pads) anti rattle plates and wear sensors are extra.

Thanks Chris, good to know.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back