Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wrapped my ride

MarkC4S

Spa-Francorchamps
Well I collected my car after its week at the wrap-shop; with what I must admit, was a healthy dollop of trepidation. Had somebody slipped something into my beer; had I lost the plot - YELLOW- should I have gone gloss or matt???

In the event I am pleased to say that I am smiling from ear-to-ear; this is the Porsche I always really wanted, not a "safe"colour, but one that announced that owning such a car was about having fun :)

Of course not to 90% of folk's taste, but floats my 997.

Attachments

• rear_view2_141.jpg
    rear_view2_141.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 4,167
More pictures

Another view

Attachments

• top_down2_626.jpg
    top_down2_626.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 4,167
Side view

Well pleased.

Sorry I have not worked out how to put multiple pictures in one post :-(

Attachments

• side_view_619.jpg
    side_view_619.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 4,525
:thumb: looks great mark. The Matt finish is a great change. The black bits really set it off and always make a yellow car pop.

Thanks, it really does look fantastic in bright sunlight.

Bit of a cliche to say, but photos can't really do the matt finish justice. It creates a very strong presence "in the flesh" so to speak. :D

Looks great.

Respect for the bold colour choice :worship:

Respect 👍👍👍👍 looks the dogs dangly bits!

Superb mate and top marks for being so bold and doing what you want :thumb:

silvermilnec said:
Respect 👍👍👍👍 looks the dogs dangly bits!

:agree: very nice indeed. :thumbs:

Looks great!

I am a big fan of "do what you want" - it's your car - so why not??!!

Enjoy!

Would be nice to see more bold body colours leaving the factory. Interior colours are best left somber however.

Thanks for your kind comments. Again, I must admit to losing some sleep on this once I pushed the button. Of course it is fully reversible, but even so...still massively happy and no regrets now. :mrgreen:

In a huge coincidence, when I arrived to collect, I was told that another potential customer in a 911 had dropped by considering a change to his dream colour - yes, yellow again. He could not have timed it better to see one in the flesh; made up his mind and apparently he went for a gloss finish.
Anybody on here I wonder?

Fair play for having the cojones to do this! It looks good to me mate.
stupid question; is the cleaning regime different to paint? ALSO- how do you polish it if its matt? .

it's better than Mario Ballotellis camo Bentley wrap

all areas done?

May be a silly question but how far do they go with the wrap? Does it do the door jams and inside of the doors as an example and less important but inside bonnet and boot?

Does the matt mean washing only from now?
How long does it stay on without coming away.

Love the yellow I was looking for a yellow 997.2 great way to fully offset stoenchips lol.

regards
Glen

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back