Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sunroof help

NeilShar22

Hi all,

Took the car out for a little ride today prior to a longer ride tomorrow. Pulled the sunroof back with no problem or additional noise. Then when tried to close it, nothing happened. Have checked the fuse, all was fine.

So have gone to close it manually and have got stuck as much as the sunroof. The manual states to undo the tensioning screw, I presume that this is the flat head screw. However this will not budge at all, to the extent I am concerned about it shearing.

Would be great if some one could give me some pointers.

Thanks

Years ago my sunroof failed on the 993, 150 miles from home, open!

The little gear under the triangular drive had sheared, it is possible to close the roof if this fails, without the manual winder, a flat screw driver was used.

However like 99% of 993's mine didn't have the little manual wonder widget.........[/code]

Went to the car this morning, to see if the WD40 I used last night had done anything. Pleasing the sunroof closed. I have not opened it again since so will put roof maintenance on the list.

Thanks for the replies.

From memory the triangular unit is packed with grease, I've still got my old one somewhere so could always post up a pic.

Hi NeilShar22,

I had intermittent sunroof issues a while back and it turned out to be a dirty switch. The switch is easy to remove and take apart and clean. Mine all worked fine then.

Yes the flat head screw is the tensioning screw and they can be very tight. I would suggest getting a bigger screwdriver as I am sure it will budge. From memory you can then use a large flat head screwdriver to open/close the sunroof manually. You just need to remember to replace the tensioning screw to then operate the sun roof automatically as it will just wirrr away if it isnt tensioned.

Good Luck!

Cheers,
Lig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back