Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Carerra Frunk Size?

jsymike

Shortly about to get a 977.2 Carrera which I will be picking up in a couple of weeks.

I am actually heading to London on Monday and will be picking the car up before I head home.

Problem is I want to take the largest suitcase I can get away with that will fit in the 997 front trunk. Despite searching around on the web I have not been able to find an answer to how large the front trunk is or how large a bag/suitcase will I be able to fit in it?

Can anyone provide any assistance, possibly measuring their own, or the luggage you have used, which has proved the perfect fit? (Not looking to buy Porsche design luggage at this point though :wink: )

Many thanks, Michael

A standard aircraft "carry-on" case will certainly fit ok :thumb:

Large soft bag your best bet👍

Yes, though I'm not going to be able to fit 2 weeks of gear into a carry on suitcase.

silvermilnec, how large a soft bag would you say?

I can guarantee the large Northface soft bag I sometimes use instead of a suitcase would be too large if full to get in as well.

I can fit a Costco shopping trolleys worth of food in the front. (Jenga Master Black Belt required)

Agreed with the thought drop the rear seats flat and put a soft holdall in there loads of room .

reminds me of a funny story I was looking in the frunk and a woman walked past and said "where do you put your shopping" "in the range rover " I replied :floor: :floor: :floor: still didnt pull her though :grin: :grin: :grin: :thumb:

This Kipling case will fit into the frunk of the 997 GTS. Note that the GTS has the slightly smaller space than the standard Carrera 2S.
Dimensions of the case are 66cm x 46cm x 28 cm. The picture shows the case empty, it fits into the frunk without issue when packed full.
Please note further, the case belongs to Mrs Pzero and not me!

Attachments

• kipling_case_895.jpg
    kipling_case_895.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 4,265
pzero said:
This Kipling case will fit into the frunk of the 997 GTS. Note that the GTS has the slightly smaller space than the standard Carrera 2S.
Dimensions of the case are 66cm x 46cm x 28 cm. The picture shows the case empty, it fits into the frunk without issue when packed full.

She needs a new one :p

Just back from 2 week trip in c4 s. Carry -on bag (no wheels) on its side fits exactly in space left by cd changer / pcm dvd drive and then suitcase 60 x 38 x 20 fits very neatly (on its side) on top. Hope this helps.

resigner said:
pzero said:

She needs a new one :p

Message passed on :thumb:

60 x 40 x 40 will fit.

I use this:

Haglà¶fs Lava 90 Adult Backpack Multi-Coloured true black Size:40 x 43 x 63 cm, 90 Liter

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back