Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 turbo or 991s....

cliffbase

I appreciate no one really knows, but there appear to be some fairly clued up folk on here, so if you were to ponder the following what would you go for & why?

Both cars are similar in money at a dealers (so have the usual features & price hikes).

2010 997 Turbo PDK, black with black, 50,000 miles, reasonable spec, 3 former keepers £68995.

http://www.jardinemotors.co.uk/used-cars/7210244-porsche-911-2dr-pdk/

2013 991 C2S PDK, Black with black, 19,500 miles, reasonable spec 2 former keepers £71,500.

http://www.jardinemotors.co.uk/used-cars/7014864-porsche-911-s-2dr-pdk/

New = better?
Turbo = Stronger residual?
997 = More a "proper"911?

I know there are many different dealers/cars for sale but if we were to concentrate on just these two.

Thoughts please :dont know:

Both good cars, and much a case of personal preference whether you prefer the look/interior of the newer car.

The 997 Turbo will undoubtedly hold its value better, even though the price seems a bit on the high side given the mileage and I'd be looking looking for a lower mileage - turbo prices at OPC's seem to be all over the place at the moment, but that's a good spec.

997 gen 2 turbo all day every day. Or the gen 1 turbo if it's low miles top spec etc.

Plus I couldn't care less about resale value.

The 997 will be a classic before long, that's why they've shot up in value.

TURBO
8) :food:

cliffbase said:
I appreciate no one really knows, but there appear to be some fairly clued up folk on here, so if you were to ponder the following what would you go for & why?

Both cars are similar in money at a dealers (so have the usual features & price hikes).

2010 997 Turbo PDK, black with black, 50,000 miles, reasonable spec, 3 former keepers £68995.

http://www.jardinemotors.co.uk/used-cars/7210244-porsche-911-2dr-pdk/

2013 991 C2S PDK, Black with black, 19,500 miles, reasonable spec 2 former keepers £71,500.

http://www.jardinemotors.co.uk/used-cars/7014864-porsche-911-s-2dr-pdk/

New = better?
Turbo = Stronger residual?
997 = More a "proper"911?

I know there are many different dealers/cars for sale but if we were to concentrate on just these two.

Thoughts please :dont know:

Is it a weekend car or a daily? Miles are higher on the Turbo but if its a weekend car that will balance out, plus the 991 will not feel as special.

997.1T manuals appear to be on the rise again!

Graemep said:
Both good cars, and much a case of personal preference whether you prefer the look/interior of the newer car.

The 997 Turbo will undoubtedly hold its value better, even though the price seems a bit on the high side given the mileage and I'd be looking looking for a lower mileage - turbo prices at OPC's seem to be all over the place at the moment, but that's a good spec.

:agree:
I'd personally would go for the 991, just because if I want speed I'd take the Yamaha R1 out for a spin. Plus look at the design and development difference between the models, they're like night and day now.

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Yes weekend weapon, so miles will indeed even out.

Not sure im brave enought to actually do it, but im tempted to change!

I guess the other thing is, the price is likely to stay stronger for the turbo, and if i plan on keeping it for a few years that would be better (my missus is rolling her eyes as I'm a frequent car changer!)

cliffbase said:
Thanks for the replies chaps.

Yes weekend weapon, so miles will indeed even out.

Not sure im brave enought to actually do it, but im tempted to change!

I guess the other thing is, the price is likely to stay stronger for the turbo, and if i plan on keeping it for a few years that would be better (my missus is rolling her eyes as I'm a frequent car changer!)

Turbo it is then :thumb:

Look forward to the photos :)

997 Turbo all day. I have a 2012 Turbo S and it's an absolute Joy. I feel the 997 will also hold its value better.

Ptabi said:
997 Turbo all day. I have a 2012 Turbo S and it's an absolute Joy. I feel the 997 will also hold its value better.

It will hold its value I think because a lot of people are buying them and not using them hoping for a quick buck.

I just like to enjoy my cars and having a turbo, worrying about the future value wouldn't enter my thoughts. I'd be like a kid in a sweet shop :grin:

Turbo would be the weekend choice.

Have you driven examples of either? May sound a bit obvious but you sometimes only think you know but there is only one way of knowing for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back