Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Remove PSE Cutout. 996 & 997 ?

Hi Jam, I had a look at doing this albeit mine is a 2010 MY and unless I'm going blind I cannot find this relay at all so I think it's a 996 fix. (May work on 997.1?)

Seeforez, unfortunately some of us have neighbours and need to be considerate occasionally so it's nice to retain the on/off choice at the flick of a switch.

oh yes i have neighbours also that's when i get most enjoyment out of my PSE but i see your point :thumb:

Ive retrofitted both types and dont remember any relay , both connect to the switch and dme , might be market specific or its possible ive just never seen this relay .

Its not on the 997 though , dme controls the switching .

A crude way would be the vacum valve wired direct to a switch with its own feed , then its either on or off .

Found a post about it on a 996 , seems it does have this relay , strange though as i dont remember fitting it when we retro fitted these exhausts ..

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=65646&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

GT4 .. a mine of information !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back