Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 alarm

VPD255M

Having trouble with my alarm (997.1 GT3) intermittently going off for no apparent reason. When parked in the garage it never goes off but when parked out and about it goes off most times I use it.
It's been into the OPC a few times and they confirm from the events log that it's the cabin microwave sensor that is being triggered which makes sense because if I disarm the cabin sensor by double pressing the key fob it doesn't occur.
OPC has replaced the cabin sensor module in the centre console but unfortunately that's not fixed it and I'm told everything else checks out as it should, Reading are telling them it must be 'outside influences'...
Any help or advice very welcome!

VPD255M said:
Having trouble with my alarm (997.1 GT3) intermittently going off for no apparent reason. When parked in the garage it never goes off but when parked out and about it goes off most times I use it.
It's been into the OPC a few times and they confirm from the events log that it's the cabin microwave sensor that is being triggered which makes sense because if I disarm the cabin sensor by double pressing the key fob it doesn't occur.
OPC has replaced the cabin sensor module in the centre console but unfortunately that's not fixed it and I'm told everything else checks out as it should, Reading are telling them it must be 'outside influences'...

When parked in the garage, is it on trickle charger?

s70rjw said:
VPD255M said:

Yes it is on a trickle charger when at home, but I don't think it's the battery as it generally goes off within a 10 to 30 minutes of parking up...

Coins in the center consol or ash tray will set the interior sensor off or anything metalic but i would expect the dealer would have checked for that.

Anything like an air freshner or something moving will also set it off.

VPD255M said:
s70rjw said:
VPD255M said:

Yes it is on a trickle charger when at home, but I don't think it's the battery as it generally goes off within a 10 to 30 minutes of parking up...

Although the car I had a similar issue on was from another marque, it exhibited similar symptoms, caused by a single weak"‹ battery cell, which a replacement battery solved. Best of luck in getting it fixed .

Thank you for the replies; the problem started when the battery was only 18 months old, but I will get it checked out (it's a moll so always been a bit wary of it).

The Technician has mentioned about the issue of coins and metal objects in the storage compartment - I'll try keeping the compartment completely empty, there often has been a few bits and pieces in there, though they're in there both when it's parked in the garage (when the alarm never goes off) as well as when parked in other places when it does.

Any further input is much appreciated...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back