Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Loose cigarette lighter socket

h2no

OK, so I have just tried using my phone in the car for the first time and all 4 of the 12v USB adapters I own do not stay in tidily.

Is it a special non standard size, or do I need to get a new socket?

The cigarette lighter fits and works fine.

Thanks, I missed that in my search last night. I have a genuine Belkin charger, so will try that again with some tape if necessary.

I just stick a matchstick down one side of the plug and that seems to stop it falling out just fine

I don't have an official part number for that by the way

I have a few OEM Porsche shaped paper clips, maybe I could fashion something from them. I get them for free when I go to the dealer. Trouble is, the A4 paper they're attached to costs me a fortune.

Look inside the lighter slot - there are two sprung tabs, one on either side.
Use a paper clip or similar to hook behind each one and bend them both in a bit.
Just did mine, works a charm :)

BenC said:
Look inside the lighter slot - there are two sprung tabs, one on either side.
Use a paper clip or similar to hook behind each one and bend them both in a bit.
Just did mine, works a charm :)

or a wooden/plastic cocktail stick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back