Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 Sport Response Button

Curious2

I have tried sport response button several times at different speeds between 30 and 70+ mph and don't get the point of it. The gearbox drops down a cog or three and the revs go up to 6000+ which is not where the torque is with this engine. The button is supposed to be for overtaking but in actual fact the car accelerates more quickly by just putting your foot down without forcing a massive down change, just letting the mid range torque do its job. Any body got a similar or alternative experience ?

I've only pushed it twice and tend to agree somewhat - it is super aggressive and OTT for any of my needs. I'd rather drive in Sport and plant the accelerator pedal - much more fluid and very effective. Even a manual downshift and heavy right foot is more than adequate. Like you say, hitting the button and suddenly being near the top of the rev range in too low a gear doesn't seem natural.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back