Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Turbo bent my face.....

Well, rolled the beast out the garage last night after a 5 month lay up. Adjusted tyre pressure and took my son for a hoon.

Good lord! It's sooo bloody fast! Almost super bike fast. I'm going to do some GPS 0-60 tonight and fairly certain I'll dip under 3 seconds. Nuts. . . . It's been 9E'd btw.

It fired up 1st turn. No drama. Everything perfect. It's like getting it again! Hooray! I can't think of any sub £100k car I'd rather have. Such a complete weapon. Those Germans eh...

Wow. Sounds awesome! I find my 997.2 super quick in Sports Mode, but the Turbo is on another level. Good to hear it fired up first time having been idle for 5 months. Did you have the battery on a CTEK charger?

911_AS said:
Wow. Sounds awesome! I find my 997.2 super quick in Sports Mode, but the Turbo is on another level. Good to hear it fired up first time having been idle for 5 months. Did you have the battery on a CTEK charger?

Oh yes, I've kept it on trickle charge in a heated garage. It's a pampered garage queen.
Obviously I pay attention to levels, temps and pressures but I wondered about the turbo actuators being ok but no problem there. It surged forward with mental fury when I booted it. My son and I just looked at one another and laughed like kids.... and I'm 52! It's ace!

Norfolk & Idea said:
911_AS said:

Oh yes, I've kept it on trickle charge in a heated garage. It's a pampered garage queen.
Obviously I pay attention to levels, temps and pressures but I wondered about the turbo actuators being ok but no problem there. It surged forward with mental fury when I booted it. My son and I just looked at one another and laughed like kids.... and I'm 52! It's ace!
Not many things as expensive as my turbo make me smile like a big kid!! Usually when spending I cry but not the turbo it's worth every penny!!

Ive been out driving mine a few times during the past 2 weeks and even in std trim the gen 2 turbo is just so quick.

At times it feels like a heat seeking missile 😀

Was thinking of getting and ES tune however probably first time ever I can't honestly say that I feel the car isn't quick enough on the road or I need extra performance etc

Still don't find it as exciting as riding one of my Superbikes or motocross bike however as a four wheel vehicle it's an absolute weapon.

911_AS said:

If you think your 997.2 is super quick try a 997.2 turbo :floor:

I've got an M3 daily driver which has the same performance as a 997.2 carrera however the difference in performance with the 997.2 turbo is night and day. Not even on th same page. Goes from sports car to supercar performance

I always smile when driving mine,,,,and its only a 9e 996!!!

FRP said:
I always smile when driving mine,,,,and its only a 9e 996!!!

:floor: Only quite possibly the fastest, if not one the fastest 996's in the country.

I bet OP's 997.2 turbo will be quicker 0-60 though. Can't imagine a big power 996 RWD is great for 0 - 60 times. Probably does a mean donut when you attempt it.

Went out for a blat with a couple of friends last night, me in my mildly mapped Turbo, friends in an Aston DBS and Aston Virage Volante, (both auto). They not only couldn't keep up in a straight line, through the twisties they were tiny specs in my mirrors.

I'd still take either Aston over my 911 though if I had to drive 200+ miles in one stint, they're still a great GT.

Ive always said the best way to make your car quicker is just not to drive it for a while, then when you get back out in it you really notice just how quick it is.

Unfortunately (or fortunately im nor sure which), i use my 997 turbo as a daily, so cant do that, but even so, if I dont use sport mode for a couple of days, then stick it in sport I never fail to be staggered at just how quick it is.

rabbitstew said:
Ive always said the best way to make your car quicker is just not to drive it for a while, then when you get back out in it you really notice just how quick it is.

Unfortunately (or fortunately im nor sure which), i use my 997 turbo as a daily, so cant do that, but even so, if I dont use sport mode for a couple of days, then stick it in sport I never fail to be staggered at just how quick it is.

True! Not driven it since November and was staggered by the performance.

It'll be the same with the bike when we go to Brno in June. Not ridden it since last May....
:eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back