Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Heater bypass mod

Surinder Randhawa

Hi trying to source the correct part for removing the heater blower and fitting the bypass pipe. Type 911 are out of stock ad design 911 don't have the fan shroud. Do you need the fan shroud part for the pre vario cars ? Anybody done this mod recently I think it saves about 4kg thx

Heater bypass part no. is 99321194100 Its £166 plus VAT from my local porsche shop, so much more expensive than the carbon ones from Fabspeed (and sold by Design911) @ about £119 + vat.

I was after one, but it will have to wait. Not sure if you need the shroud. I have a pre-vario and it doesn't look like I need one.

I felt the carbon one would look a bit out of place.

Maybe a scrappy would have one, or Jasmin porsche?

Jan

HI found one on rose passion for 134 euros but it doesnt say if you need the shroud cover for the non vario cars.. I heard its a ***** to fit judging by the articles on rennlist :dont know:

I did this, was a prick to fit... I loved the way it remoed 'bulk' from the engine bay.

It messes with your Air Con a little, but no massive issue..

However, Wayne the master tuner from Chipwizards warned against them... he said he's seen them put stress on xxxxx... I can't remember what xxxx was but I immediately removed mine.

So perhaps consider how much you want this.

You don't get the blower cooling the crankcase when you stop. I've had mine on for about 4 yrs with no problems. Proper RS one now, used to have a Fabspeed one, the carbon ones do look better but are a swine to fit. I did a mod to the hvac wiring ref ToreB which gives full front blower funtion, the other fixes did not work consistently. With the road layout locally the car has plenty of time to cool after a blast.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back