Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bluetooth playing up

02jcrane

Hi all. New to owning my 997.2 2009.

My PCM shows I have Bluetooth as an option. It finds my iPhone 6s as a device, (only half of the time) and when it does, I give permission on my iPhone to allow connection and when the PCM attempts it, it seems to crash and never connect.

Any ideas? I'm not interested in using it for phone calls, only to stream music. IF and when I get it connected, will it do this?

Hi O2, I'm not sure why your PCM/iPhone are not pairing, maybe someone else can help, unfortunately pcm 3.0 isn't capable of streaming music.

I don't know if you have the UAI (universal audio interface) in the centre console but if you have you can use this to either use aux in, iPod 30pin or a USB stick.
The easiest way to stream via Bluetooth is to buy a Bovee 1000 Bluetooth adapter that plugs into the iPod 30pin, they're available on amazon for around £60.

Hope that Helps

Stuttgartflyer said:
Hi O2, I'm not sure why your PCM/iPhone are not pairing, maybe someone else can help, unfortunately pcm 3.0 isn't capable of streaming music.

I don't know if you have the UAI (universal audio interface) in the centre console but if you have you can use this to either use aux in, iPod 30pin or a USB stick.
The easiest way to stream via Bluetooth is to buy a Bovee 1000 Bluetooth adapter that plugs into the iPod 30pin, they're available on amazon for around £60.

Hope that Helps

Thanks for the response. Hmm so even if I get my iPhone to pair, the system isn't capable of streaming music?

I have the UAI, but I'm really wanting bluetooth.

Thanks for the advice!

Exactly, the systems Bluetooth is only capable of phone calls. You need to either buy an official 30pin to lightning connector or go down the Bovee route.
I had exactly the same problem and have ended up going for the Bovee, it's expensive but works really well.

Stuttgartflyer said:
Exactly, the systems Bluetooth is only capable of phone calls. You need to either buy an official 30pin to lightning connector or go down the Bovee route.
I had exactly the same problem and have ended up going for the Bovee, it's expensive but works really well.

Great, thanks again

Tune2Air BT adaptor

02jcrane said:
Stuttgartflyer said:

Great, thanks again

Or the Tune2Air adaptor etc which is basically the same or similar device. My experience with this issue can be found here in case it helps...http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=113670&highlight=tune2air

I don't know about the UL but here in Aus using a phone in the car is subject to a massive fine and points so I would look into getting the Bluetooth working for the phone as well (it works fine in conjunction with the streaming BTW

As systech says you can use the streaming and hands free simultaneously.
I couldn't find any tune2air 30pins for sale in the UK/Europe it's almost like theBovee has superseded the tune2air.
The other thing to note is that other Bluetooth dongles (cheaper ones) do not work at all, whereas the tune2air and Bovee actually communicate properly with thePCM and display track names and other info.

Does the Bovee unit work with android phones and display tracks etc?

Sorry, I don't know about Android as I'm an iPhone user. Would be surprised if it didn't display the track information though.

Have tried the hard wired solution with mine and the Bovee solution isn't that expensive by comparison. The 30 pin to lightning converter and a decent extension is about 50+ quid. Yes you can get cheaper but they are hit and miss in terms of reliability so if you intend to go with the wired solution be sure to source the ridiculously expensive OE Apple items.
Even wired though I can't access my phone's music library via the PCM and have to select songs using the phone so I will be going the Bovee route next.

Stuttgartflyer said:
Sorry, I don't know about Android as I'm an iPhone user. Would be surprised if it didn't display the track information though.

Cheers, seems to be a few different ones on amazon so not sure exactly which one to get, theres a 1000 or 3000? but none specific to porsche

You need the genuine Porsche UAI adapter that comes with the car.
The Bovee part just plugs on the end of the 30 pin connector.

(The UAI cable is a Y shape and plugs into the USB and the other multi pin female socket next to the USB.)

Stuttgartflyer said:
You need the genuine Porsche UAI adapter that comes with the car.
The Bovee part just plugs on the end of the 30 pin connector.

(The UAI cable is a Y shape and plugs into the USB and the other multi pin female socket next to the USB.)

Ah bummer mine didn't come with that cable :(

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back