Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

centre console painted

Very nice finish you have there. Is that Seal grey? Let's see it when it's all back together. :D

That looks really good.

My console is already painted body colour but needs a bit of tlc. What prep did you do before painting and did you use a rattle can and then lacquer over the top.

It's on my list of things to do when I get the chance and want to do the side vents as well as the centre vents are already done.

Good job though.

:thumb:

Seal Grey, Plastic primer, 2k base coat mixed in can by Spray store West kingsdown,In Kent, then lacquer. All in 300ml Cans. I'm not a sprayer and very happy with the result. will take a photo of it in the car tomorrow

Looks really good, well done. Looking forward to seeing it in situ, as my car is also Seal Grey!

oneonealpha said:
Seal Grey, Plastic primer, 2k base coat mixed in can by Spray store West kingsdown,In Kent, then lacquer. All in 300ml Cans. I'm not a sprayer and very happy with the result. will take a photo of it in the car tomorrow

:thumb:

Which paint?

That looks great! Well done.

I'm doing mine next week... Where did you get the pain done? (I'm just round the corner from (West Kingsdown). I'm currently searching for a UK alternative to the Krylon black everyone uses in the states.

Thanks

Great job

Looks really good. Was yours already painted?

I am in the process of doing mine but started with the ash tray and I can't get the rubbery plastic coating off to smooth it out to paint. I've tried alcohol, thinners, acetone and white spirit and all I've made is a mess.

Did you remove this coating before spraying at all and if so how?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back