Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust covered by warranty?

weejimmy

Anyone know if my PSE will be covered by the manufactures warranty? I am suspecting a baffle may have gone. Car will be 3 in June.

Ta!

Thats actually a little tricky to answer as on the extended warrenty then no its not covered and it used to be that the third year of the warrenty was classed as exteneded .

But ive been out of OPC for a few years so cant be 100 % here , basically i dont think it is covered .. but a good arguement with the dealer always helps :D

There is always asking for a ticket to be sent in as well , customer complaint / request if you like .

I just had a look through my paperwork and no it's not covered by the extended warranty.

I suppose it's a case of
Buy new
Buy from breakers yard
Negotiate with OPC under the terms of "what is deemed 'reasonable' for the item to last". For example if you're running a 2006 registered vehicle with 80.000mls or if you're running a 2012 registered vehicle with 20.000mls with an excellent service history.

I'd go with Option 3 first, then Opt1 and lastly a breakers yard.

Edited: just read it's not 3yrs old yet, oh definitely 'what is reasonable' unless it's used way above the expected life.

weejimmy said:
Anyone know if my PSE will be covered by the manufactures warranty? I am suspecting a baffle may have gone. Car will be 3 in June.

Ta!

If the car's not 3 years old yet I'd definitely be speaking to Porsche about it.

Does not sound like wear and tear to me in such a comparatively short period.

Sounds like a manufacturing defect and Porsche should make a major c
contribution, if not a total contribution, towards replacing the suspect parts.

Will see what they say. Could just be my imagination, but definitely seems louder on the warm up phase and I've noticed more fumes when reversing out of my garage and the 'warm Porsche' smell is a lot more prevalent. Don't think I am pedaling it harder than I used to, but you never know!
:?:

Trouble is, once I think I've detected a difference my brain wont swicth off to it! :roll:

Car is due to morph into a GTS4 on it's third birthday in June so not keen to spend on it unnecessarily!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back