Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

So are the sleeping 993s awake yet ? 2017

gunner

Never went into hibernation but still nice to get out in the spring...

thHg7oe.jpg

xdnV8sI.jpg

I dug mine out from the back of the workshop last week.

Took it for an MOT which it then promptly failed! :sad:

Mine's awake. Collecting the wiper arms from powder coater on Saturday. Once back on it's ready for use, and Wales :thumb:

Mines a lazy ba5tard, still asleep :nooo:

Out in the late afternoon sunshine earlier this week...

33566176496_1b23c66c4e_b.jpg

wide awake since mid Feb 8)

Its not a tortoise or a bear - what is all this talk of sleep?

:grin:

Mine was in use a little up until mid-December, and then a couple of times in January but since I had the paintwork sorted and it came back looking beautiful I've barely touched it. Went to start it today and the battery was flat – new Bosch S5 on its way :grin:

Attachments

• img_0621_207.jpg
    img_0621_207.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 6,340
Millomboy said:
:duh:
Will be a while yet, before, the targa is back on the road. Missing parts hopefully arriving soon.

Is that yours down at Precision?
Mine going in for service and mot next week. Hope to collect on cars and coffee day.

stupid me just noticed the date :frustrated:

motivator said:
stupid me just noticed the date :frustrated:
It was done at Precision and I shall be popping along to their cars and coffee morning a week on Saturday. However, it should be in my garage at the moment- just going to check it is still there. Lol

tim993 said:
Its not a tortoise or a bear - what is all this talk of sleep?

:grin:

A tortoise or a bear doesn't fall to pieces in a big heap of corrosion if you take them out in the salt...

A 993 does.

I'm all for using classic cars, I often use mine as a daily in summer, but running a car like a 993 in winter salt is just asking for gaping holes in panels.

They are all at an age now where even well cared for ones are rotting in one place or another, adding salt to the mix is just insane :puh:

AndyS said:
NinjaPower said:
Took it for an MOT which it then promptly failed! :sad:

Bad news Tim - what was the problem?

Just a coil broken off a front spring, so could be worse!
The MOT guy was extremely thorough and that's the only thing he found. I had no idea it had a broken spring. Didn't seem to be sagging at all and no funny noises.

New set of springs ordered and just waiting for them to arrive and be fitted along with my new wheels, tyres, steering wheel and tailpipes!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back