Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cheap(er) widebody 993 C4S

tyinsky

p5.porsche-993-petrol-coupe.jpg

£48k, 120k miles. Not perfect but a nice enough car (I looked at this one, and drove it, a couple of years ago just before the previous sale through Northway).

Can't link to the advert as it is against the rules. :thumb:

Good value but Cat D and 120k miles will put investors off.

Providing the damage has been photographed and repaired well, it would make a great car to keep, enjoy and not worry about depreciation.

C.

tyinsky said:
p5.porsche-993-petrol-coupe.jpg

£48k, 120k miles. Not perfect but a nice enough car (I looked at this one, and drove it, a couple of years ago just before the previous sale through Northway).

Can't link to the advert as it is against the rules. :thumb:

Do you remember how much was it advertised for the last time it was sold? Do Cat Ds increase in line with other cars? I always think of them as being quite cheap. This is not a cheap car!

They also have a C2S for 59k on 103k. Is that not a better bet?

Been for sale of and on for a long time, initially around £36-37 then £42k November last year.

Cheap car if it checks out for some one.

When Northway last sold it a couple of years ago it was advertised around £40k (definitely forty-something) and wasn't there long. That must have been at least two years ago.

I looked at it with the owner before it went to Northway – unlucky guy had got a massive driving ban having lost his temper in a moment of road rage and wanted to sell it. The car would of sat there for years otherwise. I think it was high thirties? However, wide body 993s have increased a lot in the last two years.

My recollection is the car was repaired by a doctor in Germany some years back and used it in Germany despite it being a UK car. It has a full service history, the service book is still with it and a huge file of receipts – yet sadly no repair receipts. It then passed to the person I met who had spent money on things with the intention to keep it.

The paint at the front was a bit mismatched in places – a fraction of a shade out, there were no pictures of the car before the damage and as seems to always be the story with these things, the person selling seems to know nothing which was probably what ultimately made me wait for another car as it was hard to know exactly what I was looking at.

It then reappeared last year at Hill Moren for £56k and was sitting there a while unsold.

That blue 993 C2S is most likely the better option, but it is another £12k more. Isn't the accepted Cat-D equation minus 20%?

Last year their was a low mileage blue 993 C2S for sale for mid-forties (was advertised on here I think?). Again, owner had no knowledge of what had happened to the car ("think it was just a front wing..."), no photos of damage or receipts for repair, and no full service history. When I HPI checked the car it had been registered as a Cat-C, and then some years later again in a separate claim as a Cat-D! When I questioned it, apparently the Cat-C was stolen recovered and no damage which raised an eyebrow.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=113230&sid=5bd7ac3f8f77fdf5314cb1d820a3e177

With these cars now between £60-100k, £46k almost sounds right for a damaged repaired car as long as it checks out.

Thanks tyinski interesting post

Cat D is 2/3 (67%) price of a straight one.

So this one should be sub 30 bags by a good measure :hand: :bandit:

Maybe for an unrepaired Cat-D - you'll struggle to find a decent repaired one for that price IMO. Perhaps that two-thirds equation could apply to more mundane and less sought after vehicles?

tyinsky said:
Perhaps that two-thirds equation could apply to more mundane and less sought after vehicles?

:hand: Not in my book :thumb:

Zingari said:

I see your 25bag valuations has increased, did I miss something :dont know:

About Christmas 2008
Russian guy, Vladimir, from Germany bought a silver C4S for £16000
It had a 3.8 in it
Damage down the side
Sill etc.
He bought a set of seats from a 993 off me on the way to the tunnel
Is this car a 3.8 ?

Zingari said:

Err
If 2/3rds is 30k
3/3rds is 45k

Where do you get a straight one for that ?

jonttt said:
I see your 25bag valuations has increased, did I miss something :dont know:

I thought I'd be generous because it's an 'S' :bandit:

cat D

I have asked about 10 people about there cat Ds none have receipts none have photos, always told minor damage, i thought that Insurance companies would not write off a car until cost exceed 65% of the total value so how can it be minor damage on a 993?

Back when these cars were damaged, they were worth very little, unlike now and the salvage value was high, so it was an easy option for the Insurance to write them of sell on the desirable salvage and close the claim with the minium of fuss and no risk of escalation on the claim value.

As ever it's about the condition now, and not what happened years back, look at the total value package as the car presents, factor in the asking price now and make a balanced decsion, on what you want and what you will do with the car and how long you want to keep it.

Happy hunting.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back