Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How easy is it?

James.hunter1985

Hi all - newbie Porsche owner stupid question time!

As part or improving a few bits on my car I have managed to find some cheap parts but wanted to know how easy they are to fit.
Firstly I have some large exhaust tips - they are the EP4110, has anyone installed these without removing the bumper?
Secondly, I have new internal door pull handles to replace the scratched current ones. How easy is this to sort? Do you have to take the whole door card off or just the handle "arms" themselves?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

Exhaust tips are easy, no need to remove the bumper.. Although the bolts MAY be really stiff to get off. I snapped one of mine, and had to drill it out - luckily I have plenty laying around.. You may be luckier :)

Not sure about the door card though, sorry!

i wouldnt even try getting the bolts off that secures the clamp on the exhaust tips, if it looks rotten, just order a new clamp or bolt if you can access it easily and zip straight through it with a dremmel or similar. saves any chew, ive just changed my back boxes, and rotten bolts were just un removabale

Door cards are fine, get a a cheap set of plastic trim removal tools (Ebay?) to avoid breaking any clips and follow the Pelican guide.

Disconnect the battery (to avoid windows moving and amputating fingers) and don't forget to put key in lock first before you do to stop the alarm going off!

You don't need to touch the airbag.

The hardest part was probably removing the airbag logo that covers a fixing screw, it was very tight on my car.

My car didn't have a standard door membrane so I can't comment on that.

I would recommend keeping the other door open throughout to avoid the risk of accidentally locking yourself out.

Mike

I would change the tail pipe clamps, they will be rusted and ugly! - Personally I would use stainless alternatives, the OEM and Dansk items are not stainless, I sourced mine from Porsche shop, identical in every way apart from the material.

Should you need to remove the rear bumper it is an easy task, it literally takes 5 minutes, depending on how badly your clamps have corroded I would choose this option over the risk of damaging the PU trying to maul off nuts with it in situ.

Great comments guys thanks very much - have ordered new stainless clamps from Porsche shop and got the dremel on charge

Will take a closer look at the door cards and guide

Thanks for the info :thumbs: :D

If it's just the door handle "caps" then you don't have the remove the door cards to change them.
Or are you talking the door "pulls" that you open the doors with?

Hi halcyon
Yes sorry I want to change the door "pulls" so assume full door card off ? I'll be careful with the aged trim clips!

James.hunter1985 said:
Hi halcyon
Yes sorry I want to change the door "pulls" so assume full door card off ? I'll be careful with the aged trim clips!

You can get replacement clips pretty cheaply off eBay and the like, so don't panic you do break any :thumb:
I would invest in some plastic "trim" tools too. These make it much easier to remove the trim & door panel without damaging anything.

You'll need a variety of torx bits as well.

The handle / pull... silver bit! (I don't know what to call it either! lol) - is held on to the inner side of the door card and the cable is hooked onto it. It's a bit fiddly to remove... (but possible!)

If you haven't looked already, take a look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouXTBuo0_ZM

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back