Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New GTS C4S

tp81

Out in my friends brand new C4 GTS, took delivery today. Lovely car to drive. Took some pictures along side my Alfa.

Man....2 beautiful cars there .... Tremendous shots !!

Terry

Love the cars, especially THAT Alfa. Fantastic. Any idea what suspension your fiends GTS is on (-10mm or -20mm)?

Palmball said:
Love the cars, especially THAT Alfa. Fantastic. Any idea what suspension your fiends GTS is on (-10mm or -20mm)?

He sent me the spec when he was ordering to have a look through, pretty sure it was the -10 with rear wheel steer. Lovely car. The brakes are the biggest departure from anything I have driven. Gut wrenching.

Would be my choice of colours for the GTS. Love it!
The Junior is pretty cool also...

911TEL said:
Man....2 beautiful cars there .... Tremendous shots !!

:worship:

Even Iron Man got in on the action :camera:

:floor:

That's messing with my head, can't decide which I prefer!

weejimmy said:
That's messing with my head, can't decide which I prefer!

I am biased 8)

loving the last photo :thumbs: puts in to perspective just how compact the 993 actually is next to the alfa, and just how big the 991 is!

Cracking photos of the 991 - i think i need a daily driver C4S now... Please used market, bring the prices down....

:)

Palmball said:

Turns out is lowered by 20mm. Felt very good on the road, no crashing, not overly harsh, very flat cornering. Lovely

great pics...thanks! That's the colour and spec of the car I've ordered! To be delivered May. Nice to hear -20 suspension still good as I did wonder.
And I'm really envious of the Alfa, what a fantastic looking car!

Great colour: I've gone for silver as well, hopefully arriving in the next week or two.
Felt very good on the road, no crashing, not overly harsh, very flat cornering. Lovely
Excellent! That's one of the drawbacks of ordering a new model as there isn't anything to drive to see exactly how it feels. One of the reasons I'm about to be a Porsche owner for the first time is that I was very impressed by the ride quality on the C2S and C4S - a 318d with M-Sport suspension is harder...

I did not expand too much on the handling but happy to. His old car was 991.1 C4S, Auto had a proper drive in this when we went to Skye last year.

Lovely car but if I am honest not that focused. I would say similar to my M5 and certainly no where near the 997 GTSRS or my 993. Enjoyable but floaty.

The new GTS Gordon ordered is manual (not sure about seven forward gears - probably get used to just ignoring no. 7 unless on the motorway) with rear wheel steering and as I have discovered 20mm lower ride height. Last night we went on long country roads, tight bends and mixed surfaces. Car wasn't phased at all. I drove half of the journey. Very flat cornering, not real pitch or roll under heavy braking or cornering. Bumps and pothole soaked up with no groans. The car is a real step up from his last C4S. Really stable and as a bonus it pops and farts on overrun. All round, bloody awesome.
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back