Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Disc and pad replacement

chaser

Suzuka
I am thinking about changing my discs and pads prior to the Dinslaken trip in May, plus I have booked a track day at the `ring the day after.
My brakes are fine at the moment, and will not see a lot of miles before May, but the pads are probably half worn and the discs do have a wear lip.

Question is .... do I change discs and pads, just the pads and save the discs till I get back .... which will probably necessitate another set of pads, or take it as is and swap the lot when I get back ?

Next question....... is there a discount code for Design 911 as their package deal for the lot is just over a grand with the vat :what:

thats steep for brakes and pads if they are just standard pagid ?

Did you try ECP with a 30% discount?

Buy Sebro disks and textar pads from eurocarparts, they will send you what was fitted from factory, if you are not confident or do not have the space or tools take the car to a decent garage to change for you.
No big deal.

First thing I would do is measure the disc thickness to see how much metal is left on them :thumb:

Brake disc thickness, new (front) Measured value 34 mm
Brake disc thickness, new (rear) Measured value 28 mm

Brake disc wear limit, front Measured value 32.0 mm
Brake disc wear limit, rear Measured value 26.0 mm

If it were me i'd do it when I get back. ECP have a good discount on at the moment, I got mine from them and i've had no issues with the stopping power, Pagids.

seeforez said:
thats steep for brakes and pads if they are just standard pagid ?

Did you try ECP with a 30% discount?

That was for the whole kit, front and rear, discs, pads, and the wear sensor thingys.

ECP wanted over £200 per disc ...... but have a 56% deal on :roll:

CP4less were just over £100 for pagid discs, sebro were a lot cheaper.

But then I will still need the associated bits that go with it.

BTW, the car met OPC standards in November when I bought it and has done 2k miles since.

ECP prices are sometimes cheaper on their ebay page, worth checking on there.

jpsh120 said:
ECP prices are sometimes cheaper on their ebay page, worth checking on there.

Front disc £165 each on Ebay

With the discount code ECP are a lot cheaper, only problem is they seem to be unable to supply the same make disc all round.
I reckon with the discount you'd be about £500 all in.
Reading your previous post if they checked out okay with no advisory at OPC I wouldn't bother changing them, your spending money for no reason. A lot of people don't bother changing pads till the sensor light comes on, not saying you should do that though.

If they are really only half worn then leave them as they are. The 'ring doesn't eat brakes like (for example) Spa and Silverstone do, so even on factory pads you should be just fine.

Frenchmeister said:
Buy Sebro disks and textar pads from eurocarparts, they will send you what was fitted from factory, if you are not confident or do not have the space or tools take the car to a decent garage to change for you.
No big deal.

Are Sebro and Textar definitely the OE manufacturer then?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back