Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Grill/Mesh

Chigster

Hi All,

Thinking of getting the Zunsport grilles for my 996 Targa - I think they look quite good and will hopefully keep out some of the muck!

Question - Car is Atlas Grey. Should I go for silver or black grilles?

Ta!

Personal choice as always but I went black.

PS. Know you have a 996 and mine's a 997 but the colour combo should give a decent idea.

Attachments

• 2015_07_16_140441d_112.jpg
    2015_07_16_140441d_112.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 4,961
Great look FRZ911, just a couple of questions, if you would please. Did you fit them yourself and did you have to remove the front bumper assembly to fit them from the inside?

I'm looking the the same grills in black for my ocean blue 996.

Hi Steve,

Yep, fitted them myself and didn't have to remove the bumper. Instructions are pretty clear from Zunsport - just take your time and check then re-check your measurements for the holes. Not difficult though......

Arctic silver car and I opted for black grill

Black is a bit more background. Personally I don't like a grill to stand out, find it a bit Halfords...

I have black on my black 996 and they fit well.
The only change I had to make was repositioning the temp sensor as I did not want to cut a hole in the grille for it to protrude through. This involved removing the small clip that positions the sensor on the bumper and relocating the sensor in the plastic housing further back. This is just a case of feeding the excess cable back through the grommet in the housing. I found it easy as I had removed the bumper to clean the radiators before grille install.

Jim.

Attachments

• img_0344s_130.jpg
    img_0344s_130.jpg
    754.6 KB · Views: 4,763
Has anyone cut their own mesh grill? I did this on my last car and it looked great, but haven't seen it done on here yet

wasz said:
Jay. said:
Has anyone cut their own mesh grill? I did this on my last car and it looked great, but haven't seen it done on here yet

Yep, fairly common and easy to do. cheap mesh off ebay and the rads are protected.

Will look into this, £200 for the set off zunsport is a little steep for some mesh! Although the ease of fitting sounds worth it

.....and no bumper removal..it's easy-peasy

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back