Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clima Repair Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

A11ykf

If anyone is thinking of using them here is a photo of what I received. I could have probably done better with a bit of modelling clay and some hammerite.

That's pretty dire.............

Beautiful!

I think I am lucky.

My switches appear to have been lost in the post (paid for 10th Jan, Posted 17th Feb)

I have requested refund based on the loss (rather than replacement, as I have made other arrangements - eg paint, see below)

The seller made the silly mistake of 1) accepting the loss 2) refusing in writing to refund and only offering a replacement.

Claim escalated to PayPal under EU Distance Selling Regulations.

img_8086_119.jpg

Update:

Stupid seller now pretending he is based in "Jacksonville, Florida", so only bound by US laws.

Now, this is not only wrong (and that is assuming he isn't lying about HQ), but the rules are based on country you choose to sell (export) into, not those of despatch.

But in any case, the items were despatched from Spain and my contract is with:

Merchant
Ivan Fiestas Salyer
[email protected]

Not ClimaRepair (or HandyCraft Products, who are apparently the ultimate makers of these delights).

PayPal will sort it.

Incidentally, if he does insist he is bound by US laws, I will threaten to pursue a mail and wire fraud claim and damages (a federal crime with up to $1,000,000 fines and 30 years prison sentence as penal options, plus civil and punitive damages).

A11ykf said:
If anyone is thinking of using them here is a photo of what I received. I could have probably done better with a bit of modelling clay and some hammerite.

Thats awful

Haha!!

So now I am advised they do have Spanish address:

Juan FS
Apdo. Correos 6VS
C/ Orense, 55
28020 Madrid
Spain

This was in response to me having a bit of fun:

Dear ClimaRepair,

My lawyer has advised that your previous email may be interpreted to indicate you have now assumed all responsibility for the product and supply contract.

Please advise your full US registered business address.

I will be pursuing a claim under the US Federal Mail and Wire Fraud statutes.

You should be aware that refusal to provide your full registered US contact details in this respect is a further offence and will be viewed as an aggravating factor in any subsequent litigation actions.

Yours sincerely,

I must say, I am very impressed with the customer service, I mean, it was only 4:30am in Florida when they first contacted me this morning with the US bullshlt.

Good grief :eek:

How anyone could possibly send those out and think they were acceptable!

:x

According to the (rather unbecoming) pleading in my latest email from him:

ClimaRepair said:
Each set of buttons takes more than 4 hours of hand manufacture.

We are talking four Spanish hours. So that's about 20 mins of anyone else's time, and they are certainly authentic Castilian rustic :?

16B471_Spanish_Mountain_Table_01_org_l.jpg

they look sh1te...

I did a better job by using some methylated spirits to strip the peeling stuff from the ones on my cayman and my c2s, took about 1/2 a day of soaking.. used a pin to gently scrape out the paint in the recesses.

then once dried up I sprayed them with "Halfords Enamel Spray Paint Rubberised Black" - 2x coats and hold the can a bit away from them otherwise it goes on too thick

I experimented a few times on the first pair as I did spray too close and it lost the definition on the ridges but dropping them back in the meths soon took that off for the next attempt.

I didn't care about the lettering as I knew what they were for and I sold both cars without the buyer even noticing too.

slackster said:
they look sh1te...

I did a better job by using some methylated spirits to strip the peeling stuff from the ones on my cayman and my c2s, took about 1/2 a day of soaking.. used a pin to gently scrape out the paint in the recesses.

then once dried up I sprayed them with "Halfords Enamel Spray Paint Rubberised Black" - 2x coats and hold the can a bit away from them otherwise it goes on too thick

I experimented a few times on the first pair as I did spray too close and it lost the definition on the ridges but dropping them back in the meths soon took that off for the next attempt.

I didn't care about the lettering as I knew what they were for and I sold both cars without the buyer even noticing too.

Yes that is the plan now. It is pretty obvious what switch does what anyway so the lettering makes no odds.

Yes, I was ripped off too by these sharks! Quality is diabolical to say the least!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back