Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gear Knob fitment help

Simon Basil

Hi, I make custom gear knobs and someone has asked for one for a 997. I know that the 997 has a square on the top of the shaft that the gear knob fits to but does anyone know the dimensions of the square across the flats?

Thanks

Simon

Simon Basil said:
Hi, I make custom gear knobs and someone has asked for one for a 997. I know that the 997 has a square on the top of the shaft that the gear knob fits to but does anyone know the dimensions of the square across the flats?

Thanks

Simon

Simon is it a manual or tiptronic gear knob your doing :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Simon Basil said:

Thanks

Simon

Simon is it a manual or tiptronic gear knob your doing :thumb:

It is a manual he sent me these photos but I dont know how well i can trust them.

http://imgur.com/a/VYFAx I am honestly looking got a technical drawing of the part.

Simon can I suggest you send a PM to member, Demort as he is a Porsche technician and is most likely to be able to offer advise or point you in the right direction. he does read his PMs and should get back to you quite quickly. :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Simon can I suggest you send a PM to member, Demort as he is a Porsche technician and is most likely to be able to offer advise or point you in the right direction. he does read his PMs and should get back to you quite quickly. :thumb: :thumb:

Thank you man will do.

Hi. I have a short shift kit ready to go in. i can measure it this evening with a micrometer and give you exact dimensions?

Robx said:
Hi. I have a short shift kit ready to go in. i can measure it this evening with a micrometer and give you exact dimensions?

Thats what i sugested via PM but i have none in work atm .. if you could measure and post then i think it will help him a lot :thumb:

This is beyond awesome thank you so much! If you ever need a new gear knob let me know!

What sort of gear knobs do you make? Any pics?

DucatiRob said:
What sort of gear knobs do you make? Any pics?

+1 for pics . :thumb:

HSC911 said:
Can you make my knob bigger :dont know:

Sorry :oops:

:thumb:

Plus 1 for no pics :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Just having a laugh...

You on the vino too?

Post will be erased in the morning anyway :cop:

HSC911 said:
Just having a laugh...

You on the vino too?