Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A few more jobs

decgraham

Albert Park
Whilst so much is still off the car I thought I address the rear shock bump stops and gators. I'd had them a while so it was long over due. All went to plan on the RHS but boy was the old one shot. I did the front a few months back and the bump stops were toast the rear bump stop on the RHS didn't exist , the old one is on the right in the picture :eek: I'll do the LHS tomorrow.

I'd also brought a new power steering cover as mine had a broken lug on it, so while I was working on the RHS it seemed like a good time to change it. I wanted to inspect the drive belt too so I killed two birds with one stone.

If you haven't done this it's not that easy at first.:evil: I followed the W/S manual which talks about doing it with the engine out so no help at all :x

It is really tight and there is just not enough space to slide the cover out. However, if you release the tinware and drop the engine down on the rear engine carrier, support with a jack, you have enough space. :D In fact I found 2 broken lugs and I believe at some time someone had forced the cover to check the belt. If I had pushed harder the two lugs would have broken off I have no doubt about it.

ATB :)

Attachments

• bump_stops_ps_cover_160.jpg
    bump_stops_ps_cover_160.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,244
  • new_ps_cover_fitted_137.jpg
    new_ps_cover_fitted_137.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 1,244

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members