Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Judder on acceleration and check engine warning light ???

Grey996

The car has been great over the weekend but driving in this morning something wasn't right from the off, the idle seems fine but on acceleration there's a very noticeable judder from the engine that stays through acceleration. After about five miles the 'check' engine warning light came on advising to go to the garage but then would go off again. I nursed it the last couple of miles and the light went on and off a couple of times.

I'm hoping its MAF or throttle body related and not something more serious, any ideas?

thanks

Simon

Sounds like coil packs again. Get it plugged in. Unlikely to be anything serious!

sounds the exact same as when my coil packs gave up the ghost

thanks guys, I know they need doing as some are cracked but I was hoping they'd last until I planned to take the bumper off and replace the mufflers after summer. It has been very wet here over the weekend so that's probably hastened things.

Hey ho I suppose I'll just have to bring everything forward.

As far a driving it goes, am I ok, I suppose I'll loose a cylinder at a time but should get home, fingers crossed!!

Drove it this afternoon and no problems at all so I assume they've dried out.

Best get some new ones bought though.

Yes most likely. Especially as you appear to know they are cracked. I'd get it done ASAP before they fail completely.

Cracked coils will misfire when wet .. water shorts them out , left to dry and they will be fine until they get wet again .

Either replace or only drive when its dry :D

I'd recommend changing the full set of coil packs if you are going to do them.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back