Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cargraphic Air Lift?

basildon993

So, I had my turbo lowered around 8 months ago using H&R -20mm springs which actually lowered the car 25mm when measured at the arches. And now I need a new front splitter as it has nearly been ground all the way through! I have to park in a multi-storey car park and it is causing a big problem now that the car is so low! As the front splitter is body colour on my car and the replacement will have to be sprayed I don't really want to have to do this once a year!

I'm therefore thinking about getting air lift fitted to the front. Have any of you got this fitted? Is the Cargraphic kit my only option? At what speeds does it operate under? Any help and feedback would be much appreciated as I understand it isn't going to be a cheap option!!!

i think they can work upto 30mph, not sure of any other front lift kits out there for 997

I have a Tech Art hydraulic lift system on my C4S. It was quite a bit more money than the airlift. Tec 9 neat Liverpool fitted it for me.

Parr do the Cargraphic kit and are pretty close to me.

I think if you go on Tech9 website or YouTube, you can find a short video of it going up and down. I think it lifts to a max of 45 mm going by memory.

When my car is lowered in the summer I'm having a TechArt kit fitted. It will be as part of my suspension upgrade It's not automatic in upward direction at least. You have to activate it yourself. I believe it lowers automatically at 30mph

Why not just fit an unpainted front splitter?

isysman said:
When my car is lowered in the summer I'm having a TechArt kit fitted. It will be as part of my suspension upgrade It's not automatic in upward direction at least. You have to activate it yourself. I believe it lowers automatically at 30mph

Why not just fit an unpainted front splitter?

The splitter is nearly worn through to the holes in it! Whether it is painted or not won't stop that. :eek:

I'm not suggesting an unpainted splitter will stop it from being damaged, I'm just saying that even with an axle lift it will still get damaged when you forget to raise it or it hits whilst driving. An unpainted one will be less expensive to replace.

I asked Parr about the car graphic one at my last service and they no longer do this.

Anyone got a link for the tech art one?

Cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back