Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 gen 2 front bumper removal

fastlowe

Silverstone
Want to remove the front bumper on my 2010 gen2 997, just to give it a clean. Wondered if it is a straightforward job ? Looked on you tube, not much on there. Cheers fellas :thumb:

I found it to be fairly straight forward and I opted to do it with the front wheels on as the centre locks are a faff to remove. I used a socket mounted torx bits which help in the tigh areas. I made a hook from a coat hanger to remove the two clips which you remove from the front trunk in the wing channel . Only problem I had was losing the green plastic clip that holds the headlight washer hose together, if pinged off and took ages to retrieve from the front mechanicals. I found a really good set of instructions with photos on the net, will post a link if I can find it again.

You dont need to remove the headlights , or the indicator repeator lamps and you can do it with wheels on if you want , just need tools to undo the arch screws .

Other than that a good write up on how to do it :)

That's great thanks, I'll have a go and let you know how it goes !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back