Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help - engine starts then cuts out

stonerose

Hi - a couple of times today I started my 996 c2 3.6 only for it to then cut out about a second later. Both times were after the car had been driven for about an hour then left for half an hour. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Mine sometimes does it when the tickover is dodgy. It's intermittent on mine and can't find anything wrong with it. No CEL/codes or anything.

Right pain in the back end.

Is the cutout a complete stop like the ignition is being turned off or is it more of a splutter?

As Demort says it could be lots of things but one thing that springs to mind is possibly a failing fuel pump but crank sensor would be my first item to check. Need to have someone with diagnostic software have a look at it really

Hope you get it sorted

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back