Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wrap Colour Change

MarkC4S

Rather than sell my C4S I am now thinking about a wrap to get the colour I have always wanted. I am thinking about yellow :lol:

Obviously I need to have a top quality job. Looking around on the web and this forum I have identified two possibilities - Design911uk and Monsterwraps.

Does anybody have any recommendations or advice?
Thanks in advance.

Total Dynamic are a franchise. The Enfield one quoted me £1700 to wrap a 997 coupe

Thanks, had also read good reports about Total Dynamics and identified that they had different branches, where of course standards can vary. Price point helpful and similar but slightly less than Design911.

I think Spectral (site sponsor) do vehicle wraps but their website is down at the moment.

I'm looking to do a similar thing for a colour change, I'm keeping the car and the bodywork could do with a respray in places but thinking of wrapping it for a couple of years.

Thanks I had seen that Spectral do this stuff, but lacked info on them as an outfit due to site issue. My paintwork is in fact very good and change is purely for colour preference purposes, but I am expecting it to preserve the original paint too, until the time I come to sell.

Well I have taken the plunge and decided to have the car wrapped in 3M matte yellow. Car goes in next weekend. Will be sure to post before and after pictures. Having it done at Monsterwraps near Southampton.

MarkC4S said:
Well I have taken the plunge and decided to have the car wrapped in 3M matte yellow. Car goes in next weekend. Will be sure to post before and after pictures. Having it done at Monsterwraps near Southampton.

I popped into these guys as I was getting my old car MOT'd right next door, and they were very friendly people. I decided against the wrap as I was selling my car, but looking forward to hearing the results!

Mark very interested in seeing pics and a price mate as Southamptons very handy for me. :thumb:

are you going to the total911 meet at porsmouth OPC on Sunday :thumb:

Hi Phil, the cost is £2.1k with basic ceramic top coat. Monsterwraps seem to be the only place focusing entirely on colour change work (a good thing), as opposed to many that do this alongside advertising decals etc. I called Design911, but they have stopped wrapping (despite it still being on their web site).

I hope it turns out to be a good call to do this. I am fundamentally very happy with my car (a good low mileage example), I think I'd be waiting forever to be able to sell it and then find a similar Gen II C4S manual in factory yellow (hen's teeth come to mind).

Sorry not going to the meeting.

MarkC4S said:
Well I have taken the plunge and decided to have the car wrapped in 3M matte yellow.

The last 997 I saw in matte yellow was this.

It seems to make the car look wider. :)

I like that Matt yellow but that bodykit and wheels are not my cup of tea.

:what:

Agree, not my shade nor do I like that kit. This Toyota is in the film I have chosen

Attachments

• 3m_matte_yellow_118.jpg
    3m_matte_yellow_118.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 5,891
And this is something similar on a 911, hope it looks this good!

Attachments

• modern_image_porsche_911_turbo_s_vinyl_wrap_03_154.jpg
    modern_image_porsche_911_turbo_s_vinyl_wrap_03_154.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 5,887
That's definitely YELLOW! I like the detailing in black of the mirrors etc, breaks it up a bit.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back