Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Got it!

DJS911

After a good few weeks searching I'm now the proud owner of a 997 and I love it!
After the 964 I sold earlier in the year it is much more refined and significantly more powerful.

In the best forum tradition this is the spec:

2006 C2S manual coupe
49k miles with full OPC history including a minor service and brake fluid change last month
Basalt black with black interior including full leather dash and door cards and Alcantara headlining
Sports chrono
Switchable exhaust
Short shifter
Heated adaptive sports seats
Multi function steering wheel
Sat nav and phone prep
Bose & CD multichanger
Cruise control
Rear wiper
Embossed headrests
Park assist and Homelink

Prior to finally committing to the purchase I had Northway carry out a PPI and borescope which all went well. No deal breakers but Paul found a few things that will need doing in the next 12 months and thankfully the vendor reduced the price to a level that we were both happy with.

Having a 250 mile journey home in it yesterday was a great opportunity to get to know it.

There is however one massive downside - it's pi**ing down with rain here today and I want to get out to wash and polish it!
I guess I'll just have to drive it instead!

We'll done, look forward to seeing pics.

As with other "things" in life, some might say the dirtier the better.

Although the old adage, the more it's used the better it is doesn't really apply to those "things". :grin:

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your new purchase and post some pics :D

Welcom :thumb: Get it out and get it dirty :D more satisfaction when you do finally get around to giving it a good clean and polish :thumb:

Sounds good.

If it's raining sounds like a good time to test out the wet weather handling.

Any excuse to drive it will do.

Enjoy.

:thumb:

stewhp said:
Sounds good.

If it's raining sounds like a good time to test out the wet weather handling.

Any excuse to drive it will do.

Enjoy.

:thumb:

You've got it!

My 964 was a C4 so it will be interesting to explore the difference in balance - particularly in the wet!

Look forward to pics mate when it stops raining and you can clean it. :thumb: :thumb:

As promised here are a few photos:

God I love this car already!

It is so different to the 964 and it pains me slightly to say it but it is so much better!

very nice mate :thumb: :thumb:

Brilliant car - well done it looks great. Out of interest how long did you have the 964 for ? - I was interested in your comparison :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back