Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Supermarket premium fuel

Jonnywise

Trainee
Hi I had to fill up with supermarket premium fuel(only garage around and was in red) I have not notice a difference in performance,could you use this fuel all the time ?
Jonny

Assuming it is the correct octane rating for the car (usually a sticker inside the fuel filler cap) then you can.

MC

Jonnywise said:
Hi I had to fill up with supermarket premium fuel(only garage around and was in red) I have not notice a difference in performance,could you use this fuel all the time ?
Jonny

Yes.

I believe alot of the supermarket fuel is re-labelled e.g. Esso is Tesco

Although I understand that it isn't quite the same fuel with some difference in additives etc.

I always opt for Shell V-Power or BP ultimate.

Sainsburys Super Plus which I think is 98 RON is BP Fuel, been using it for at least 6 or 7 fill ups and it's absolutely fine, no problems.

The boxster gets Tesco99/Vpower or any 'super unleaded' if those aren't available.

When I had the turbo tuned by ES recently they said it now needs vpower or tesco 99 only.

Luckily there is both very close to me. For the sake of an extra few quid a tank why would you put anything less in it?

The wife's RR gets bog standard, gritty diesel and it loves it!

ragpicker said:
The boxster gets Tesco99/Vpower or any 'super unleaded' if those aren't available.

When I had the turbo tuned by ES recently they said it now needs vpower or tesco 99 only.

Luckily there is both very close to me. For the sake of an extra few quid a tank why would you put anything less in it?

The wife's RR gets bog standard, gritty diesel and it loves it!

Didn't know that you could get a diesel Rolls Royce?

:)

Sorry - could not resist...

I know there are many that are fond on the Gulf livery, but does anyone actually use the fuel?

Got told by a very senior guy at Shell recently that the best 2 fuels on the market was VPower (obviously!) and Tesco99... He also said that they only really make a noticeable difference in turbo'd cars...

Always opt for vpower if desperate will use super unleaded for another place ,I try to avoid supermarket after sainsburys fuel caused a misfire that melted my cats on my merc SL. Although I am hearing tesco momentum is now a decent option but haven't tried it. :thumb:

Palladium said:
its all the same, tried it all in 30 years, no difference.

It really isn't, the fuel used makes a massive difference in mine!

AdeD said:
Palladium said:
its all the same, tried it all in 30 years, no difference.

It really isn't, the fuel used makes a massive difference in mine!

agree with AdeD on this subject, it really isn't all the same mine runs far better on vmax than anything else. :grin:

I always fill up with Vmax and even though it'd a few quid extra, I find that my mpg is slightly improved so in my head it balances out!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KOTR
Back