Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo front bumper onto the C2?

cvega

Yes I know it may be blasphemy but I really would like to have a turbo front bumper on my 996 C2. Would that work? can it fit without massive drilling/cutting action ?

I am sure there is a 'lookeylikey' one you can buy :dont know:

I will post it up if I find the link :thumb:

Well they did it at the factory with the 40th Anniverary - its a C2 with extras effectively. From an aesthetic point of view not sure if it needs the side skirts to balance it out - is the Turbo bumper deeper to accommodate the larger intakes. This is what it looks like on mine:

Cheers.Ian

Attachments

• small_side_560.jpg
    small_side_560.jpg
    508.2 KB · Views: 1,750
Found this view as well - maybe gives a better idea from the front

Cheers.....Ian

Attachments

• smaller_front_view_136.jpg
    smaller_front_view_136.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 1,746
The Turbo front bumper cars have bigger radiators so you may need swap to those and/or fit the different ducting from the bumper to the rads.
The front lower wheel arch liners are also different.

All doable but its more than just the bumper PU skin.

Of course you could just buy a 40th AE and save a bunch of hassle. Get the bigger rads, x51 and LSD chucked in then as well :)
Only problem is you have to like silver. Cheers.Ian

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back