Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nicola Sturgeon rugby result

mzmini

Nicola Sturgeon has ordered that the England Scotland rugby natch be replayed as 90 % of Scots did not like the result :floor:

mzmini said:
Nicola Sturgeon has ordered that the England Scotland rugby natch be replayed as 90 % of Scots did not like the result :floor:

The winning margin was a tad unflattering .....!!

We should have had her in the team ........

Who are the 10%? :dont know:

I'll take victory over Italy which will give us our best series in a decade. We were always underdogs against England but it would have been nice to have seen the type of team that narrowly lost to France turn up. :damn:

But apart from that I'm personally delighted with our overall progress. Cotter can step away with his head held high IMHO :thumbs:

Agreed - it was great to see the style of rugby they brought to the table too - I think that they just ran out of troops in the end - just don't have the strength in depth that England can muster. We (Wales) suffer from the same thing

The Scottish squad never really/fully recovered from that bruising encounter with the French. Each game wore the Scots down who had a top but diminishing squad as the games progressed.

In one-off games and with a full squad Scotland can beat many top teams as they did against Wales and Ireland and nearly did the same to the French in Paris.

The injury list just grew on Saturday and there was nothing really left on the bench.

Had these two played at the start of the 6 nations the result would have been a lot closer.

Still - to put 3 excellent try's past England (and nearly a forth) should be some comfort but Scotland also gave away far too many penalties.

England deserve the win and are a top 3 team in the world now, that all true English/Lions rugby fans can be so very proud of.👍

When Scotland and England meet again with fully fit squads the result may be a tad different.

wizard993 said:
When Scotland and England meet again with fully fit squads the result may be a tad different.

Different result. Same story. The Scots always bang on about how they raise their game for the English encounter but what everyone seems to overlook is that England do likewise. And usually trounce them.

Norfolk & Idea said:
wizard993 said:

Different result. Same story. The Scots always bang on about how they raise their game for the English encounter but what everyone seems to overlook is that England do likewise. And usually trounce them.

Actually "usually trounce them" is factually wrong as they are usually much closer affairs with the bigger country(over x10) with the biggest pool of players and reserves coming out on top 2-1.....but not usually a trouncing.

From 1964 - 1974 Scotland dominated England(and most other NH teams).......nowadays its a fine English purple patch, played by another fine NH Rugby team.

So are you just an armchair Rugby "fan" perhaps?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_rugby_union_matches_between_England_and_Scotland

Norfolk & Idea said:
wizard993 said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
wizard993 said:

Ha ha, don't even have time for the armchair mate. Just read about it when I get chance. FYI I wasn't just referring to rugby. It's virtually everything, except curling..... :)

....and tennis, cycling and swimming :hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back