Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mot emissions FAIL

Rickyhull

Monza
Hi all! So took my 996 carrera 2 3.4 for its mot failed on what is quoted as lambda reading after 2nd fast idle to high
And carbon monoxide too high
Does this sound like a lambda sensor issue as the car drives fine and no engine lights, haven't driven it for a month..... so could it need a good drive to get exhaust hot or is it too far gone and need lambda replacement? Pretty sure they was only changed few years ago due to a previous mot failure....
Can upload the sheet with the emissions figures if that helps....?

That`s 3 of us this week then :sad:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=119182

Mine was sorted with new pre-cat Lambdas. There is a photo of my failure report in the thread as well as the pass report :thumb:

Emissions

That's strange I have the opposit reading to you I have a low reading as says should be 0.97-1.03 and I only have 0.80
Then excessive carbon monoxide
Wonder if I have a different issue....?, think me taking out my pipercross sports filter will change anything or help at all?, also I've now put premium fuel in and redex in and haven't driven it for a month then took it there rather than taking it for a warm hard drive....

I suspect the same for mine.

MC

Emissions

Rebooked it for tomorrow so thinking of taking the 02 sensors out tonite if they come out ok and clean them

Re: Emissions

Rickyhull said:
Rebooked it for tomorrow so thinking of taking the 02 sensors out tonite if they come out ok and clean them

Best of luck with that, mine were a swine to remove apparently, you don`t want to damage one getting it out if you have an MOT booked tomorrow :dont know:

Emissions

Just looking threw paperwork and it failed mot 3 years ago on the same thing emissions so both lambda sensors replaced so surely they not gone again after 3 years (4,000 miles....?)

Re: Emissions

Rickyhull said:
Just looking threw paperwork and it failed mot 3 years ago on the same thing emissions so both lambda sensors replaced so surely they not gone again after 3 years (4,000 miles....?)

There are 4 lambdas, 2 pre and 2 post cat.

I didn`t have any fault codes either :nooo:

Can you read the live data ie voltage outputs of the Lambdas ?

I've had this before and ended up putting a fuel conditioner in and taking it for a good blast ensuring it was hot. Passed previous MOT this way

Mine failed last month same problem , (996.1 3.4) only has pre lambas , changed them and cats ( good excuse to put 200cell xpipes on ) still failed , ended up un plugging maf sensor and just scrapped thro with a pass , ive now changed that aswell not been back to see if has cured problem, seems to be a growing problem

Gary

Emissions

No I can't go any further than reading the codes as just a cheap scanner can next week as a friend has a great bit of kit but for now I can't

To be honest I've run it on supermarket fuel and not used it for a month prior to the test so I've put redex in to clean injectors to make it more efficient and put it on shell v power and took it for a real good hard run last night then today will put cataclean in then take it for another hard run just prior to the mot and update you all on the next few hours

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back