Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear wiper delete

C2 YYY

I am fed up with the rear wiper spoiling the lines of the car so have decided to remove it.

I remember seeing something about a kit being available to seal with rear screen, but cannot find any more info.

Any clues and tips i should know?

Many thanks Andy.

I thought as an alternative to a new rear screen you only had the Bung option :dont know:

You then need to have the rear shelf re-covered, or find a suitable material to slot in the gap where the drive shaft came through.

Hi Andy
I presume you're talking about the bung route? I did a wiper delete but went for the bung option... I'd only just had a new rear screen fitted with a hole when I had a full glass out repaint. (Some of the heater elements of the original weren't working)
I know you can get plain and heated rear screens without the hole.

I did take out the rear parcel shelf (stored away safely!) and I had a local guy make up a posh foam backed RS style carpet version.

I kept all the original cables, cable tied these up neatly and sealed the connectors in plastic bags.

Ping me a PM if you'd like some more info.

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• img_2918_179.jpg
    img_2918_179.jpg
    883.4 KB · Views: 4,451
Excellent responses chaps. I am also planning on the "bung" method, certainly until for the time being.

I will get the old girl out tomorrow and will investigate how far I want to go with it. I was sort of hoping I could simply remove the wiper and motor and the job would be a good one. Alas it does not seem quite that easy. No surprise there.

Many thanks for the offer Mike, I might most likely be back in touch.

C2 YYY said:
Excellent responses chaps. I am also planning on the "bung" method, certainly until for the time being.

I will get the old girl out tomorrow and will investigate how far I want to go with it. I was sort of hoping I could simply remove the wiper and motor and the job would be a good one. Alas it does not seem quite that easy. No surprise there.

Many thanks for the offer Mike, I might most likely be back in touch.

No prob.:thumb:
It is easy but you will be left with an unused tube or if you remove the section (that slides in to the parcel shelf) a slot that in my opinion will look a bit odd.

I'm more than happy to pull out the new 'shelf' and take a pic if you want.
I searched all this out on the forums etc before I got out my socket set!!

Oh, before I forget... the screw thread in the bung I bought had to be trimmed to fit to make it sit tight against the glass, I also used some silicone to make sure it didn't leak too.

Mike

Porsche do a window bung, its annodised alloy and a 944 part from the club sport I believe.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back