Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacing bushes on coffin arm?

cbr6dc

Montreal
I've seen the uprated ones but if I only did one arm I'd need stock bushes.

Where do I get them from if I rebushed my own arm?

I believe Hartech sell re-bushed coffin arms :thumb:

kurlykris said:
I believe Hartech sell re-bushed coffin arms :thumb:

I know. ;)

Was just curious about how much bushes were as I could do it myself. ;)

I don't think just the bushes are easy to come by, only poly ones. Obviously Hartech have a supplier but I don't know who.

Just get poly ones. They aren't harsh at all but tighten things up nicely.

ETA - You can only renew the bushes if your balljoint is ok on the existing arms, as that is not serviceable. :thumb:

Marky911 said:
ETA - You can only renew the bushes if your balljoint is ok on the existing arms, as that is not serviceable. :thumb:

Eh? What's that in English? Lol

The ball joints can't be refurbished, looked into this years ago for my Boxster.

The ball joint on the coffin arm or another it attaches to?

The ball joint in the coffin arm.
If that has play in it or it's knackered (same thing), then it's pointless re-bushing the rest of the arm.

Balljoint is not serviceable (replaceable) so if that's the case you need new arms.

I'm guessing you've checked this or obviously you wouldn't be looking to reuse those arms, but I was stating the obvious for anyone not familiar with what is serviceable and what isn't.

English enough that time? :tongue:

Crystal. ;)

Tbh I'm thinking of just sending it to hartech and hopefully they'll give me £50 off a refurbished one. :)

I've not even got the arm yet lol. I'll send it to them and see. At best it will be ok, at worst needs a rebuild.

cbr6dc said:
I've not even got the arm yet lol. I'll send it to them and see. At best it will be ok, at worst needs a rebuild.

Would have been cheaper to buy a new arm after paying for a rebush on top of the price of a secondhand arm!

If I fit an aftermarket arm I need to do them in pairs as they're not always spot on apparently and one arm is a weaker arm. If I get one, there's only one to fit. New bushes was an idea because if I could get the bushes for £20 then that's half the price of an aftermarket arm on an original Porsche arm.

wasz said:
I think hartech rebuild the balljoints on genuine arms, or get Meyle arms for £50
I think Hartech are the UK agents for Prekom, a Slovenian remanufacturer based west of Ljubljana.
Mike

maldren said:
wasz said:
I think hartech rebuild the balljoints on genuine arms, or get Meyle arms for £50
I think Hartech are the UK agents for Prekom, a Slovenian remanufacturer based west of Ljubljana.
Mike

They (Prekom) also supply Elephant Racing.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back