Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo Collection Day

Andrew911

Spa-Francorchamps
So, 981 Spyder sold & replaced with a very good condition, low miles 997 turbo tip. The Spyder I feel is a more driver focused car than the 997t, it really is an awesome car. The 997 turbo will just be a different experience which I'am also looking forward to. Having owned 911s, they get under your skin, they are so iconic.

Would love to add some mods to the car but will have to decide whether I renew the Porsche warranty before i do anything. Out of interest what would be the first mod you folks would do or would you leave it as stock? If out of Porsche warranty I would probably consider the power upgrade at JZM as a first mod.

My sold baby & new baby below.

Attachments

• 997_turbo_749.jpg
    997_turbo_749.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 5,300
Hi Andrew

As the former owner of your new turbo I can confirm you've got a lovely car!!

I considered getting a different exhaust as I think thats the one area the turbo is a bit tame but was worried about possible OPC warranty issues.

Hope you enjoy it and look forward to seeing it about this year.

m119cars said:
Hi Andrew

As the former owner of your new turbo I can confirm you've got a lovely car!!

I considered getting a different exhaust as I think thats the one area the turbo is a bit tame but was worried about possible OPC warranty issues.

Hope you enjoy it and look forward to seeing it about this year.
That's great to hear :D It has Porsche warranty until August. I'll probably renew but if i wasn't i would def get the power upgrade at JZM - think that would make a big difference (turbos come on sooner, increase in power to 535hp & torque up by 100nM). Would also consider a Europipe exhaust but you will never make a turbo sound like a screaming NA engine. it would def improve the sound though. I'll probably keep as stock & renew the Porsche warranty. Sounds like i chosen well then :)

:welcome: to the Turbo club.

I've had my car for just over 2 years and haven't felt inclined to modify anything. 473 bhp is plenty for me and I like 'stealth mode'.

Before you elect to stop having an OPC warranty have a read of this:

==> Thanks Heavens for my OPC Warranty

First thing I changed on mine was the suspension control unit for a DSC module. I just found the stock turbo virtually undriveable with the standard suspension. "Normal" mode was so bouncy I felt like I was trying to drive a barge on a trampoline. The car was all over the place and just felt dangerous to me. "Sport" mode on the other hand was so hard it was like someone had just replaced the springs with bricks.

The DSC unit just transformed the whole car and made it so much more enjoyable to drive. Im still not 100% happy, I think the way the car turns in could be sharper. I was planning to fit a GT2RS rear ARB but apparently porsche are sold out of them now!

Performance wise, the acceleration is great but it does mean you get to places where you need to brake very quickly. Mine had new stock discs & pads all around but I feel that it could use a bit more bite so id probably look at upgrading the pads before long.

The turbo is quite a quiet car, so changing the exhaust can make a big difference to the experience but they arnt cheap!

T8 said:
:welcome: to the Turbo club.

I've had my car for just over 2 years and haven't felt inclined to modify anything. 473 bhp is plenty for me and I like 'stealth mode'.

Before you elect to stop having an OPC warranty have a read of this:

==> Thanks Heavens for my OPC Warranty
Thanks T8 :D You commented on a previous thread about whether to go 991.1 C2S or 997 turbo. I chose the 997t!

I'am sure I'll renew the warranty. Whilst it is a very good, low miles example it is easy to rack up expensive bills on a nine year old car. I'am sure you right about having enough power as stock as well.

Hi Rabbitstew,

Sounds like some interesting mods. I had an hours drive over to the dealer in the Spyder & then took out the 997t on my own for 1/2 hour. Difficult to reports loads of differences. But main things i did pick up was how nicer the hydraulic steering is - more road 'feel'. The electronic steering in the Spyder is mighty fine tbh but just think the turbo has the edge in that regard. However, found suspension (even in non-sport mode) harder than the SS in the Spyder & more road noise in the turbo.

Congrats car looks stunning

Exhaust upgrade is always a good update.

:welcome: Andrew911

I look forward to seeing this flying by me on the bypass, not saying that is a good place to go fast or anything... :oops: :cop:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
:welcome: Andrew911

I look forward to seeing this flying by me on the bypass, not saying that is a good place to go fast or anything... :oops: :cop:

:thumb:
See you are local :D It will probably spend most of its life pootling the ten mile round trip to work/home :lol:

Hi Andrew lovely purchase and welcome. :bye:

I picked up my '7.1 turbo tip in Dec so also a newby.....of sorts. :grin:

As I work up your way I might see you around. Mine is the Atlas Grey one parked on the M1 heading north......

Interested to hear your OPC warranty experiences. I'm thinking of taking one myself when the one that came with the car runs out :chin:

:thumbs:

:mrgreen:

With envy...

Considering moving the 996 Turbo S on in the summer and 997 Turbo (PDK) is top of the list - before the purists jump in, I ruptured my Achilles recently and although healing well my left ankle and clutches don't get on very well at the moment!

You can definitely see the front bumper is a different shade of colour !!

effy said:
You can definitely see the front bumper is a different shade of colour !!

I don't think you're right, the bumper is in the shade and the camera used has clearly had difficulty with the exposure. Pictures of cars tell a thousand lies and I have my serious doubts that you're right - which basically means I think you're wrong.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back