Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New tyres, new battery

stewart rix

Nurburgring
I was heading off to get new tyres this morning only to find barely a glow from the remote fob and no clunk of the the central locking - flat remote battery. I don't ever remember changing a remote battery in all the years of ownership of various 93's. Fortunately I remembered I had a spare (A23, 12V) in the car. So moral of the story - carry a spare, but also a tiny philips-head screwdriver to get into the fob.

Anyway, had new PS2 N3's put on the front to replace the existing 11 year old PS2's, having read a recent thread about old tyre replacement recommendation. Plenty of tread left - about 5mm (I really must get out more) - so it seemed a shame to change them. Once the tyres were off the tyre shop owner showed me just how hard the old ones had gone (it was wet so any telltale cracking between the tread blocks wasn't obvious). Well, with the new tyres fitted I'm staggered with the improved feel of the front end - less noise, way more comfort, believe it or not, and no more skittish feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back