Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Servicing costs

Blue One

Hi All

I just wanted to do a 'price check' - my 2001 C2 needs a full service this year (brake fluid change etc.) and my local Porsche indie is coming in at GBP 700 for this. I can't help but feel I'm being a bit fleeced at this price point for a 16 year old car.

Is this the going rate? Due to low mileage I have had lighter services for the last two years so haven't really felt the impact as much as this one.

Thanks for any feedback.

Menu price at my local indy for a major, inc plugs, brake fluid and drive belt is £500.

I guess it depends on the scope of what your guy is doing... there may be extra stuff he does e.g transmission fluid.

@ Blue One, I had mine serviced at my local Porsche Centre - East London. It was £265 for a service and £95 for a brake fluid change AND they gave me a brand new car to drive for the weekend! good value for money IMHO

Blue , where are you based ?

Does seem a bit steep.

I am south East based with Ray @ Northway and the Reading OPC either side of the M4 and I have never known the OPC (either Reading or West Byfleet) to be cheaper than that Indy :?

Location influences prices to some degree.

My local Indy is spot on and very reasonable.

Find out how much your local OPC charge - and remember to ask them about fixed price servicing....

Take it from there.

I went OPC vs Indie even though it was about £100 more expensive, the days available and courtesy car won it for me - and obviously a nice stamp on the service book.

I rang round all the indy's near me and they are all more expensive than the main dealer which is Tonbridge

As with Indys OPC prices vary, in my experience, OPC Brooklands are substantially cheaper than than OPC Reading.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back