Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Spoiler Wall fitted

decgraham

Hi All,

Fitted a new spoiler wall today, it took me about half an hour as I took my time but must say it was an easy DIY. My wall has been missing a piece for many years and I didn't realise this until I did a read up on it and saw how the wall should look. Thanks to Jonttt :thumb:

With the spoiler not quite fully extended I removed the top piece first by just inserting a flat screw driver and un-clipping it off the top piece. I then went to the bottom and un-clipped the lower rubber connecting piece which is under the spoiler. It was then just a case of popping it off the metal bar that goes from right to left. The fact that a piece was missing made it very easy to remove. Before putting it back I cleaned the lower rubber and inserted it into the new wall. I then cleaned the top fixed plastic piece where the wall connects and greases it up with Vaseline, I did the same to the top piece of the wall. I was then able to push the top piece into place at each end and by allowing the wall to fold on the first fold I was able to just push the rest into place, the Vaseline helped it to go in easy. :hand: It was then just a case of pushing the lower section onto the bar and clipping the rubber back into place. Operated the spoiler up and down slowly to make sure it folded OK and it was Job done :D

ATB :)

Attachments

• new_spoiler_wall_fitted_589.jpg
    new_spoiler_wall_fitted_589.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 1,992
  • curtain_wall_piece_missing_173.jpg
    curtain_wall_piece_missing_173.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 1,992
Good tips there. Mine has a two inch split on one side and I intend to do it soon.

Where did you get the part from? What should I be paying?

Hi,

I bought mine from Pastwise in Holland in Euros. For you I think the best price is from Matt at type911 about £65 inc VAT and delivery. It works out a couple of quid cheaper than what I paid.

ATB :)

Sorry that should be about £75 inc VAT and delivery, I didn't include the VAT in the above.

I got mine from Type911 but was a little disappointed that the ends of the part that splits looked a bit raggy and so smoothed it with a craft knife blade. I had an idea that I would have liked to attach some small hinges at each end to try and prevent a split initiating and then spreading along the curtain again but couldn't find any small and flat enough. I wondered if anyone has done anything similar?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back