Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM Navigation replacement recommendation?

Judder

Silverstone
Apologies - I'm sure this has been covered multiple times but looking for a thread or recommendation for a good replacement Double Din navigation unit for the OEM PCM1 in my 996

Currently toying between the Sony XNV-L77BT and the Alpine INE-W990BT

Using one of these adapters

But seeing as the headunits are both quite a chunk of money would much appreciate any thoughts of units that do fit and work well

Thanks in advance! :thumb:

The pioneer AVIC systems are awesome. Had one in my Cayman s, the 997 i have at the mo has a 2013 AVIC system that is still great but thats coming out and im replacing it with one with DAB. The steering wheel controls still work etc and even the Porsche logo comes on with the ignition. They have mirror link and apple carplay. Highly recommended.

I fitted a 960bt in my turbo. It works much better than pcm 1 altho mines pre-most so was literally plug and play for most of the bits. As yours is also pcm 1 you might find the same. Mine has nav and i have all my music stored on a micro sd card that plugs in the front.

Thanks for the replies guys - great to get some good feedback

I think my car is pre-MOST as it's a '99 (had to look-up what MOST is - here's a reference) so shouldn't require any optical conversions

Good to know the Alpine W960BT fits and works well - I think the W990BT is very similar :thumbs: - any more suggestions and working systems all welcome (Kenwood any good for example [subjective]?)

I would go with Alpine or Pioneer; 'car play' will be cheaper.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back