Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 turbo Genuine condensers Vs After market

NickHappy

Montreal
Just about to get my Condensers replaced X2.

What's the views on genuine vs after market? Reason I ask is that there is quite a significant price difference.

Any feedback would be most welcome.

Cheers All

NH

Can't comment on comparisons, I bought aftermarket from ECP and they seem fine. It's quite an easy job, especially as my aircon had no gas in it when I started because the original parts had failed.

I also fitted mesh grilles to minimise future issues. Homemade from black ally mesh - about £10 from Ebay.

Just to open, i know finance and spreadsheets and i'm in NO WAY a spanner man.

I replaced mine myself last year on my C4s. Condensers came via ebay from seller Tameside Radiators for around £70 for the pair. Phoned them up and asked about O' rings which they threw in comp. The condensers were a perfect fit, easy to do at home (req'd 2 people for the removal and refitting of bumper). I'd buy these again from the same supplier rather than buying D911. If they last me 3 years then i'm happy with that, any more is a bonus. At £70 i'll view it them as serviceable parts.

The removal and refit took me a several hours as the screw holding the condenser to the plastic frame snapped and had to be drilled/dremeled out but now i know what i'm doing i'm confident i could do this again in far less time. I also cut some mesh to protect them a while longer as the amount of crud inside was something else.

ATS Euromaster deal on air con for about £35 i got the lot done for just over £100 where my indy wanted £350 or more plus vat.

maldren said:
Can't comment on comparisons, I bought aftermarket from ECP and they seem fine. It's quite an easy job, especially as my aircon had no gas in it when I started because the original parts had failed.

I also fitted mesh grilles to minimise future issues. Homemade from black ally mesh - about £10 from Ebay.

I think I will fit some mesh too once they are done - seems a straight forward enough job......

Ursa911 said:
Just to open, i know finance and spreadsheets and i'm in NO WAY a spanner man.

I replaced mine myself last year on my C4s. Condensers came via ebay from seller Tameside Radiators for around £70 for the pair. Phoned them up and asked about O' rings which they threw in comp. The condensers were a perfect fit, easy to do at home (req'd 2 people for the removal and refitting of bumper). I'd buy these again from the same supplier rather than buying D911. If they last me 3 years then i'm happy with that, any more is a bonus. At £70 i'll view it them as serviceable parts.

The removal and refit took me a several hours as the screw holding the condenser to the plastic frame snapped and had to be drilled/dremeled out but now i know what i'm doing i'm confident i could do this again in far less time. I also cut some mesh to protect them a while longer as the amount of crud inside was something else.

ATS Euromaster deal on air con for about £35 i got the lot done for just over £100 where my indy wanted £350 or more plus vat.

Nice work, I've had my front PU off a few times so I know there is no dramas there. Good point about ATS too :thumb:

I think mine came from the same place as Ursa911 - £70 the pair with the O rings thrown in.
Well made, pressure tested because shipping, fitted perfectly.

What more do you need? :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back