Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Putting Red Seat belts in the 997

Boba fett

Magny-Cours
Guys - couple of questions as I would like to fit Red seat belts in my 997

Is it difficult to put the new seat belts in a 997 (is there a how to guide per chance?)

...and does anyone have a link or item number as to where I can purchase Red seat belts for a 997

Thanks in advance

:thumb:

isysman said:
http://www.safetybeltservices.co.uk

Remove your existing seat belts and send them here. They will replace the black ones with any colour of your choice. The red matched perfectly the red door pulls which are OEM.

Sounds and looks good, are the seat belts difficult to remove?

Not difficult really. You need to remove the rear inner quarter panels, a lower bolt holding the seatbelt mechanism in place and one at the top holding the top bracket. That's it as far as I can remember.

Oh the cost from them for me was £100, much cheaper than buying replacement units. They turned them around in about 3 days as well.

Cheers for the idea guys, might get that done next month when I get my steering wheel fitted and car lowered :thumb:

isysman said:
Not difficult really. You need to remove the rear inner quarter panels, a lower bolt holding the seatbelt mechanism in place and one at the top holding the top bracket. That's it as far as I can remember.

Oh the cost from them for me was £100, much cheaper than buying replacement units. They turned them around in about 3 days as well.

Perfect thanks, I really appreciate the help.

Off Into the garage to take them out.....

....now where's my hammer !!

:thumb:

In that case I'm looking forward to hear how you get on ! :thumb:

I used these people. It was about £50 a belt. Turnaround was very fast - same day plus post if I recall.
Disconnect the battery first obviously....
The rear belts are harder work than fronts - the bolt that holds the rear mechanism in is quite far back and access is tight - ratchet spanner and small fingers will help.
There are guide online - I can't remember which ones now though as it was a while ago.

rob_p said:
I used these people. It was about £50 a belt. Turnaround was very fast - same day plus post if I recall.
Disconnect the battery first obviously....
The rear belts are harder work than fronts - the bolt that holds the rear mechanism in is quite far back and access is tight - ratchet spanner and small fingers will help.
There are guide online - I can't remember which ones now though as it was a while ago.

I was not going to bother with the rear belts, I was just going to do the fronts.

I did debate that at the time I did mine but decided it would look like I had taken a short cut. It would be quite a bit simpler to only do the fronts.

Maybe you are right.... only one way to tell I guess....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back