Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Footwell lighting

ian_alex

My 2004 C2 cab has no lighting in the footwell, yet I keep seeing references to lighting in the handbook etc.
Should there be illumination here??
It's not a big deal, just curious. Car is completely original as far as I can see.

Its an option, not a common one but an option.

The Americans seem to like this feature and there are many write-ups of how to add this, with the use of bits of metal and the lights from the frunk.

Its an option, not a common one but an option.

The Americans seem to like this feature and there are many write-ups of how to add this, with the use of bits of metal and the lights from the frunk.

Yup, it was an option, not an expensive one.

Probably no one added it because they didn't realise their £70k car would be less well specced than a BMW 3 series coupe.

Thanks for the replies, I will probably make something up to do the job.
Regards

So you can see if a terrorist/psycho is hiding in the footwell at night? :dont know:

Do you actually have any foot well lights under the dash? If they are there they should work. When I first got mine, my foot well lights weren't working. I replaced the bulbs, checked the fuse, everything was ok but still no lights. Was just about to give up when I decided to play around with the courtesy light switches near the mirror. I pressed one of the buttons and hey presto my footlights came on :)
Just a thought

DaveH911 said:
Do you actually have any foot well lights under the dash? If they are there they should work. When I first got mine, my foot well lights weren't working. I replaced the bulbs, checked the fuse, everything was ok but still no lights. Was just about to give up when I decided to play around with the courtesy light switches near the mirror. I pressed one of the buttons and hey presto my footlights came on :)
Just a thought

I suspect its cos you have a new fangled 997. You can tell if you have it on a 996 as you will have a button on the central dash switch panel to turn on all the interior lights.

I was amazed to find things like LCD dimming mirrors, rain sensors and electric seats were not standard when I was looking at 911s, when I had a 330Ci which had it all as standard, let alone loads of interior lights which I took for granted!

All adds mass, being optional means that you can choose performance over toys- and of course means that Porsche can charge extra.

There simply aren't any lights there! I will sort it but I agree it is a marginal benefit!
Thanks to all for the responses.

There simply aren't any lights there! I will sort it but I agree it is a marginal benefit!
Thanks to all for the responses.

Even my 03 cooper s had footwell lights :dont know:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back