Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear seat delete

AndyS

Albert Park
As above - what do people think?

I don't form part of the Illuminati, so not bothered about stuff being standard.
Here's my thinking.......
I've just had a new rear screen fitted, and opted for the rear wiper delete option screen. So, with the wiper motor removed, and having to re-trim the rear shelf anyway - I thought why not also remove the rear seat belts and cover those holes at the same time?
Of course this will mean I can get rid of those heavy inertia reels too - but will have to get rid of the seats if I've no belts.
Nobody has ever been in the back of my car, and I can't imagine anyone will while I have it anyway. Plus, I can keep the bits and stick them back in at any time.
The only awkward bit is one piece of carpet I think :?:

I'd double check the legality of it. If you log book says 4 seats you may possibly come a cropper on the MOT or with your Insurance.

Never had a problem with mine. For the carpet:- Lakewell are good value or Southbound for best quality. Sounds like a slippery slope has started.
If the seat squabs and armrests go, some padding (Dynaliner etc) will ensure a nice contour for the carpet. Southbound will do individual pieces to your spec. Lakewell used to do a piece for the rear shelf/seat backs a la RS.
Lots of posts on Rennlist using Appbiz carpets.

Endoman said:
Sounds like a slippery slope has started.

Ha! - tell me about it :nooo:
Why have I changed the rear screen?
Well, it was coming out anyway for the re-spray - so I might as well have had a new one.
And if I'm having a new one, I might as well go wiper-less.
And while I'm doing that............ well you know where this is going don't you :grin:

I replaced the carpet in mine a few years ago and thought about rear seat delete - RS set up basically, but decided that I had to keep the rear seats for the kids. Think they have sat in them twice.......regret not going for it.

I did the same on the screen, quite like having the seats though.

Pretty sure the pivots for the seat uprights will make an RS-style rear carpet not fit very well but if you cut them off then they would need to be welded back in to to reinstall them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back